International News websites

slowtrain

So feel free to redirect me if there is already a thread, but...

I'm looking for a new 'home page' that will make me feel a bit smarter and keep me up to date with all the hip new conversations about int'l politics.

What does dissensus recommend is the best for a (relatively) unbiased int'l news websites?

I have decided that now I am entering the last year of my degree I should actually learn something other than really obscure (and mostly useless) drugs during my browsing time.

If it helps I know next to nothing at all about this area. So obv something relatively easy to digest, not like full-on opinion articles or anything.

Also, so this isn't just a completely selfish 'give me what i want' thread, also a useful place to discuss how you get your news, and the merits of your different media.

slowtrain

So I guess this thread is a failure....

How do you guys get all your knowledge about stuff then?

Hard-wired into British peoples brains?

I'm certainly not British and this website is certainly not unbiased but as a whole Truthdig.com has probably one of the greatest collection of forward thinking Liberal minds in the Universe writing for them. They are very slanted in a certain direction but certainly keep up to pace with all the most relevant current events in the world.

Leo

ny times, the economist, politico.com (US politics), occasionally huffpo.

stevied

Lots of good suggestions so far. But also try:

Le Monde Diplomatique (English edition)

Maybe you have institutional access or you can subscribe from 15 pounds

Counterpunch

If you only read one thing here, make sure it's Alexander Cockburn's weekly column published every Friday - barbed, brilliant and occasionally corrosively funny.

LRB and NYRB

The Real News

Website is pretty poor but check out the interviews with Leo Panitch. Here's one from last month. Thanks very much!