Facebook status thread

PeteUM

It's all grist
This Facebook friend of mine is doing a series of maudlin tributes to her dear old dead Mum at the moment. As they really are the last word in exaggerated sentimentality and the woman in the photo is clearly a ripe old age at the time it's impossible not to read them in a Peter Cook/Dudley Moore voice. Serves me right though cos my Facebook pal is someone I met under chemical circumstances in a field about ten years ago in almost total darkness (& never again), so it's obviously social networking carried through to the point of absurdity I suppose.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
A friend of mine says a guy he vaguely knows, but is 'friends' with, used facebook to pretty much microblog his mother's death from cancer. I mean, actual updates every few minutes up to and including her death. I hope she comes back and haunts the living shit out of him.

Then again, the same guy apparently posts these very long-winded descriptions of the minutiae of his everyday life which couldn't possibly be of any interest to anyone but him, so I guess he's either pretty autistic or just desperately lonely.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
most things should be read in a Peter Cook or Dudley Moore voice, especially if concerning blue whales or Jesus.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Oh, don't start with whales and Jesus - two things guaranteed to give me the 'orn...

e/y

someone I know posted a link to the pitchfork review of Childish Gambino. underneath someone else posted the following comments:

lol review by "ian cohen". if i want good info on how decent a hip hop album is, i ask the closest jew nearby..

i think the people have spoken. Ian Cohen, take the headphones off and put your yammakkah back on

slowtrain

I wouldn't trust a pitchfork hip hop review no matter the religion/ethnicity of the reviewer.

This pictue always comes to mind:

truerapper.jpg

alex

Do not read this.
iv'e got some amazing ones from this steroid munching/cage fighting guy who wen't my school, i don't have him on mine but my friend sends me the screencaps, am i allowed to post them as long as i edit the name/picture well enough?

slowtrain

iv'e got some amazing ones from this steroid munching/cage fighting guy who wen't my school, i don't have him on mine but my friend sends me the screencaps, am i allowed to post them as long as i edit the name/picture well enough?

Go ahead, I didn't bother censoring any of my ones.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah, get 'em up, it's you he's gonna batter if he sees 'em so I don't care.
Some more pearls of wisdom from my friend

at age 11-12, most kids in developed countries get a X-GameStation-ii console thingy. They then proceed to spend on avarege up to 3-4- even 5 hours a day playing games. By 18 they've seen around 10,000 gaming hours... or more. When I was young, these things had only just started... I'm the transitional generation child - I remember before and I live in "now" - I enjoy games too and have played my way from binotone pong game to Modern Warfare... but unlike someone today in their late teens who knows nothing different that "how it's always been" with technology, in the next ten years another generation will be comming who knows even less about the past we knew... I spent a lot of time playing with others in physical activities, and yes, I would recomend that more for kids over games any day. But my streets were different, my news was different, the games we played were only possible because "accidents" happened that you learnt from (no reset button there), we didn't have to worry about people ignoring our cries for help, the cars waited for us and slowed down, there were no "gangs", just kids, playing... we moan about that past being gone, but it olny went because we made it so...
Not really sure what he's getting at there to be honest but I'm sure it's very important.

There is a very skewed logic behind everything we do. There are people who will frown at a smoker on the street and say things like "my tax money goes on their care when they get sick *grumble*". But these same people seem to have zero awareness that our arms industry sells weapons to torturing regemes and dictators and when they default, our tax money goes to covering these debts so the arms industry doesn't loose any money. They also drive cars... so you have to ask... what kind of skewed brain thinks smoking is something worth getting angry over, when there's other problems that are far more worth while getting upset by, yet we let it go on and make the choice to ignore it? Humans... both brilliant and stone cold moronic... light and dark, good and evil... anyone seen the embeded historical social references yet?
Excellent points.

And a witty one!

If you work in a diplomatic mission, do you take the missionary position on life's issues?
Actually I don't understand that either.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
@Rich - I need to befriend that guy so that I can get his status updates. The thing about gangs was quite astonishing.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I feel bad for putting that stuff up for people to laugh at. But not that bad.
Look through my friends, his first name is Cosmo.