deep and haunting hardcore.

franz

all this stuff is totally new to me. thanks for all the gems. too many exciting ones to even begin really, but the satin storm tune and the dream 2 science bit were both pretty great.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Not sure if this is 100% what you were after luka, but this one has always felt quite moving and deep to me.
Skanna - Ceasfire
There was another quite good tune from that era that used the same vocal sample, but can't remember what it was called now.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
This is one that gets a lot of play from some of the PR djs. I feel like sorta-maybe fits with what we're talking about here - from 1990, bleepy melodies, some breakbeats, and def very haunting.
Midi Rain- The Crack Train:

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
This is another PR fave I'm going to chuck in here and see if people think fits. Took me ages to get the ID on this one.
Lost - The Gonzo:
Hardcore prob wouldn't be the first word I'd use for this (same for a lot of the tunes on this thread) but it's another breakbeat rave tune from the turn of the 90s and it's def got that deep, immersive feel to it. Think you can hear an influence from this into later hardcore tunes like Dub War by Dance Conspiracy.

bunnnnnn

This thread! That UK acid / bleep / proto-hardcore hinterland is such a rich seam. Used to love this tune (and still do) although perhaps it's more disorientating and uneasy than melancholic.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
love this zone as well. under researched for sure and also complicates the nothing but italo house over breakbeats narritive of 91-92.

luka

I'm pleased I conscientiously wrote down the names of the tunes to,go with the now deleted youtubes

DLaurent

This is a bit of obvious for you lot. But my hardcore listening of the last few years has basically been Face Records.

Is this late 93?