THE MAN THAT DOES ALL THE VOICEOVERS FOR ADS ON PIRATE RADIO

luka

THIS MAN HAS BEEN DOING EVERY ADVERT ON PIRATE FOR AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER. ID LOVE TO READ AN INTERVIEW WITH HIM IF MOS DAN OR BLACKDOWN MARTIN ARE READING. HUNT HIM DOWN. HES A LONDON LEGEND.

luka

IF YOU DONT KNOW WHO IM TALKING ABOUT
WE'RE TAKING IT BACK......
THAT VOICE.

nomos

Administrator
sometimes i used to just record the adverts from pirate streams. almost everyone cuts them out when they record shows - like they're just noise. i always liked hearing what was going on around town at any given moment. who's doing PAs, whether you could wear trainers or not, etc.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
I enjoy the consistent rubbishness of them and quick change between the hype part and bit they have to be serious giving details

Leo

is that the same guy who does the brief ads at the start of the rinse podcasts? that YT voiceover sounds a little different.

love when he throws in a little set-up for the event. i have a jackmaster rinse podcast from may or june where he starts it off with "the unusually good english weather in the last couple of weeks has got many people thinking of summer and making plans. so now is as good a time as any to let you about rinse and forward hosting a stage at the london's lovebox festival..."

luka

it predates jungle by a long long way and as i say i think its just one man. he mostly doese the adverts for the 'community' stations as opposed to yer de ja's and whatnot.

Pandiculate

London Pirate Radio Adverts 1984-1993, Vol. 1

EDIT:

The first volume in a two-part collection of pirate radio adverts & idents, taken from recordings of London stations between 1984 & 1993. Many thanks to Wayne Anthony, Simon Reynolds, Stephen Hebditch & The Pirate Radio Archive.

here's a bristol one too

Reactions: Leo