Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Arya is definitely one of the most bad-ass characters, can't get enough of her, but agreed that it'll be a few years (and series) before she's old enough to be one of the principle faction leaders, if that ever happens. I think things started to go wrong in the Stark camp when there was the big split between Robb and his mum over Jaime's escape, although leaving Winterfell basically unguarded and reneging on the deal with Walder were only going to cause trouble later on.

Having said that, if what I think happens to Robb is what actually happens to him then it would have happened all the same if he'd been breaking down the gates of the Red Keep with a triumphant Stark army behind him, so it kind of doesn't matter in the end.

Also, I might have said this already but I'm actually quite enjoying the redemption of Jaime Lannister despite him being such a fun-to-hate character in the first series and a half. He's still a smarmy gobby cunt though.

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
showing Jamie's other, sensitive, and possibly even "good" (???) side, and his perspective on the king slaying was next level story telling, not only for TV, but especially a genre traditionally filled only with 1 dimensional cut-out characters.

i hope this kind of thing happens much more: showing that everyone has many sides, (of course some with most or all sides being decent or asshole) and their perspective and world view - like, you know... Real Life.

zhao

there are no accidents
But the entire time i'm watching this i can't help thinking what an amazing series could be made of the "War of 3 Nations" of Chinese history. Now THAT is some EPIC fucking shit with intrigue, strategy, back stabbing, stranger than fiction plot twists, amazing characters, which in every way dwarfs (no pun intended) this fantasy narrative, and it is all actual historical events.

Some day, surely, maybe soonish, it will get made, and you will all shit bricks for years.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I could really see that working, when you consider the obvious public appetite for 'grittily realistic' (i.e. packed to the rafters with treachery, murder and fucking) historical drama series set in ancient Rome, renaissance Italy, Tudor England etc. in recent years.

zhao

there are no accidents
oh wow there is already a series!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Kingdoms_(TV_series)

201051813820.jpg

20105115315.jpg

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
That guy's got the demented, bug-eyed leer of a bona-fide goatfucking psychopath, for sure. Not every actor is entirely convincing but I can't get over how well cast it is - would those who've read the books agree?

muser

i think anyone that doesnt have time or inclination to read the books should definitley just read the chapter of the red wedding, its next level. I been reading cos I havnt had chance to dl the new series yet but caught the scene on YT now im just past the tv series , well worth it.

Last edited:

luka

this is the best show ever. so much better than anything else. i avoided reading this until now cos i hadnt go round to watching the last series. so good. the po faced wire can fuck right off. this is so good. i loved the shy giant.

luka

I always imagine Justin beaver being like joffery as he holds court in his dressing room/tour bus post-show, humiliating minions and groupies while terrified courtiers laugh along out of fear.

luka

He wears a Dothraki arakh on his left hip and a Myrish stiletto on his right hip, their golden hilts custom-made in the shape of naked wanton women.

Daario states that he "count no day as lived unless I have loved a woman, slain a foeman, and eaten a fine meal".

luka

Jaqen is surprisingly calm in the face of danger, yet courteous. He uses an odd speech pattern in which he refers to both himself and others using the third person indefinite, e.g. saying "a man thanks a girl" when he is directly addressing Arya and expressing his own thanks.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I WAS expecting it, but only because I happened across a spoiler in an interview with George R R Martin. It was very well done, though, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the fallout is this series.

I will hold back on talking about it since some ppl on here probably haven't watched it yet.

Phaedo

The whole wedding scene was excruciating. The tension was nearly unbearable in places, especially when the dwarfs came out. Really well done. Was some fantastically bitchy comments from Cersei and Loras too.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Also I'm a bit annoyed they changed the actor for Dario, anyone know why that is? I was kind of enjoying his Conan x Legolas x a Ken doll x a-1990s-male-model-from-a-shampoo-commercial aesthetic. With a dash of Daniel-Day-Lewis-in-Last-Of-The-Mohicans.

Last edited: