Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Heh.

Disappointed by the lack of Bronn in Tyrion's story for the last few episodes. I hope he still has a significant role in the next series.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Sadly I think we might have said farewell to Bronn. I'm basing this on having heard that Bronn is much more established as an character in the show; and of course the goodbye ya daft bastad scene.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Has anyone else been reading up on background material on the wonderful A Wiki Of Ice And Fire? It has the added attraction of being perhaps the greatest single repository of phenomenally naff fan art on the entire internet:

File:MagaliVilleneuve_CLannister.jpg

File:Vt.jpg

Drogon_in_Daznak%27s_Pit.jpg

File:CarrieBest_Sansa_and_Lady.jpg

droid

Finally got round to seasons 3 & 4. Actually not bad. Few niggles, but in general, theyve improved on the books. Much more interesting now that the odd unexpected thing happens (gendry meeting stannis), and it most of the changes seem to remedying the appalling hole Martin has written himself into. Season 2 is definitely a low point.

Bronn should reappear. Brotherhood haven't gone away - in fact they're crucial to Brienne's plot strand (which may or may not happen, but Im betting it will).

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Thoughts on the new season so far? I watched ep1 last night. Bit of a slow start I thought, but plenty of promising new developments. Varys is still playing the long game of trying to help Denise T win the throne. Stannis's copy of How To Win Friends... apparently still nestled unopened in his bookcase. And the Seven only know what Littlefinger is up to.

Characters we need to see more of in this season: Lady Olenna, Bronn.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
My laptop is at a repair shop because the sound's knackered and my girlfriend is on a work trip to the States and has her tablet with her. That leaves me with my phone. :(

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The second episode was so good, I was having geekgasms all over the bedspread.

No spoilers here but seems to me like the show is firing on all cylinders this series. I'm only ever annoyed to have to deal with Jon Snow, Danaerys and Sansa, the three least charismatic actors in the show, and even their storylines are getting much more interesting now.

The handling of action in the show is now so confident, it makes the slash and hack scenes almost as fun to watch as scenes of verbal assault.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Not sure I'm feeling this series as much as previous one. I think a part of it is the dearth of proper baddies since the demise of Joffrey and Tywin. Cersei is just too much of a two-dimensional Bitch Queen (-regent) From Hell, even if her hatred of Margery is enjoyable to watch. The long game being played by Littlefinger is in danger of getting so long we end up losing interest in it. Is it too much to ask that some of the plot arcs actually start to intersect rather than just endlessly developing and forking? I want Arya to actually get to kill some of the people on her kill-list. I want Tyrion to meet Danaerys without having to encounter any more tiresome supernatural nonsense on the way.

Also, Stannis is too daft to work out why a stone called DRAGONglass is deadly to White Wankers, who are made of ICE? smh.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
"Very well, the dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant."

OK, I give in, this series is pretty good after all.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
OK, that was AMAZING. I wasn't too sure to start with but I think this series is looking like a really good one.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Hmm. Did today's ep contain both the horriblest and ridiculousest scenes in the show so far?

Come on you twats, I can't be bothered carrying this thread by myself.

droid

Only up to episode 5. The show is way ahead of the books in most places now, but I gather Cersei is still about where she was left at the end of the 5th book, Stannis has diverged significantly.

Weird not knowing what's going to happen.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Darkest series yet, by a country mile. The Meereen pro-slavery cultists, the Boltons, the White Walkers, the Spanish-Inquisition-slash-Taliban guys in King's Landing and the shittier contingent of the Night's Watch are having a whale of time. Oh, and Littlefinger is a smug as ever, of course. Pretty much everyone else is at the very least fucked, if not double-fucked.