blacktulip

Pregnant with mandrakes
Got sucked in a little thanks to all the furs and leathers.

Best line so far: "Yer a shit warrior."

blacktulip

Pregnant with mandrakes
14.jpg

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I can't quite work out if the actors are bad in Game of Thrones or if its the dialogue.

Either way, I still love the show. The theme tune stirs my soul so much I will sometimes get out of bed to watch it on a real TV rather than my laptop.

I like the way it isn't panning out at all as I'd expect. The way character arcs are suddenly extinguished or just fall apart always keeps things interesting.

New favourite character = Tywin Lannister.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Game-Of-Thrones-Warlock-1335807054.jpg

[SPOILER...

Theon Greyjoy, also - the path from unknowingly fingering your sister to ineptly lopping off your former protectors head is an extraordinarily slippy one. :eek:

/SPOILER]

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
So Hoxton Xenon Zelda and his gimpy bald mate turn out to be sneaky duplicitous shits. Whoda thunkit?

D

droid

Disappointed at the lack of Tyrion's chain, the curtailing of Jon Snow's epic flight with Qhorin, Arya's new position and the lack of menace and horror in Harrenhal and the general decomplexificaiton this season. They have to simplify things of course, but there are limits before it starts to eat away at the narrative... book 2 really expanded the scale of the world, and I think some of that has been lost.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Tywin is obviously meant to be pretty smart so I'm having a slightly hard time believing he hasn't figured out who his anonymous cup-bearer is yet. And she had a very lucky escape not being recognized by Littlefinger, didn't she?

Having said that, Tywin and Arya verbally sparring with each other is pretty cool.

I like that Shae tried to protect Sansa, though ultimately to no avail.

Also, can't poor Jon Snow do anything right?

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
he was great from his first scene though, gutting a stag with his bare hands.

Yes!

I think he's quite a similar character to Tyrion really, the way he bosses everybody around him and basically seems cleverer than them too. Him turning up at Harenhall and essentially knocking the torturers heads together was like Tyrion having the chief of the goldcloaks (or whatever they're called) arrested. Real Bawse behaviour.

Just downloading episode 7 now. Bought the book today its ruddy huge.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I like the way everything's getting nastier and nastier, and there were some great scenes in the latest episode but I feel like this series has been somehow less satisfying than the first because SO MUCH is going on, its difficult to fully engage with any of the many, many storylines. I suppose there were quite a few storylines going on in the first series too but it felt much more concentrated. I suppose this is the problem with adapting a 1000 page book as a ten hour TV show.

luka

im liking this series more i think. the nastiness i find quite shocking. is it normal for modern tv shows? the only other thing ive watched in the last 10 years is the wire.

D

droid

Not nasty enough by half. They seem to have edited out the Goat of Harrenhal and his bloody mummers... at least for this season.

D

droid

Uh no, just recalling (with a wince) what Joffrey made Ros do to that poor hooker a couple of episodes ago... :eek:

You have an overactive imagination. AFAICT that was a traditional mace beating, not a mace rape.