Corpsey

bandz ahoy
i got the 2nd book yesterday cos i couldnt wait till april. he cant write obviously and often the prose is hilarious
'he is loath to leave the warm burrow between her thighs'

Parody quote or real quote, that's perfect.

Reminds me of Peter Bradshaw's review of The Lord Of The Rings film where he writes:

''There are a few funny lines but, as in a certain type of erotic movie, jokes are basically antipathetic to the Lord of the Rings experience. Unlike Tattooine, or Hogwarts, or even Camelot, Middle Earth is very self-important, especially when people are deadpanning lines like: "By nightfall, these hills will be swarming with orcs."

That mock-medieval solemnity... :D

I mean, that can actually be enjoyable in of itself.

When I read the first book I knew the story already so really it was this geeky thing of filling in my knowledge about the ''world of the book''. Then boasting to my friends ''oh of course ___ is ____'s third cousin on his mother's side'' etc.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I haven't seen any new TV in ages so I just watched the first ep. Pretty good so far - I like the scenes of Ye Generycke Mediaeval Merriement and the butch-camp 'barbarians'. And the horny boozing midget. And all the tits. I'm a simple soul, really. Gonna watch some more tomorrow.

I wasn't really into the first episode until the last thirty seconds. Then I was all like ''What fucketh? Ye gods!'' and had to watch the rest. Then I was hooked.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah, that dude who shoves the kid - what a bastard! Good villains are essential. I shall rejoin the chat here when I've watched some more.

luka

i was hooked from the opening scene. i really liked it. it reminded me of maid marion and her merry men.

luka

i was 'enjoying myself' on friday night and spent the whole night and most of the morning speaking in game of gnomes language.
'we must take the comfortless blanket of night for our cover, and move only in darkness, the lanisters are everywhere, as plentiful as whores at kings landing'

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Oh man, this show is so fucking rad. Up to ep 4 now.

Tyrion is such a smart little fucker, loving him to bits. Daenerys has (somewhat) tamed her barbarian husband through the use of empowering sex positions. Jon Snow is proving his mettle on the Wall. The Lannisters and their snotty inbred brat are getting more enjoyably hateable with each episode. Such cool stuff.

Also I want Samwell to undergo a Private Pyle-esque transformation into a born-again hard bastard, but it's looking unlikely at present.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I won't be giving too much away to let you know that by the end of the series you will find watching this video extremely therapeutic:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Also I want Samwell to undergo a Private Pyle-esque transformation into a born-again hard bastard, but it's looking unlikely at present.

No, he basically remains an irritating twat for the entire first series (at least).

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
King Robert is a brilliant combination of lecherous, gluttonous, drunken buffoon and just-clever-enough-to-dangerous thug. Fantastic. He's a sort of cross between

BB+Blackadder.jpg
and
tonysoprano.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
And Arya Stark is the best pint-sized tomboy heroine since Lyra Belacqua in His Dark Materials.

luka

oh thanks corpsey i was sad no one said that yet. i used to watch it with my little sister.

faustus

i used to have these two books. they were amazing, especially the second one

Book1%20-%20HOW%20THE%20BAND%20GOT%20TOGETHER1.jpg

Book8%20%20-%20They%20Came%20From%20Outer%20Space!1.jpg

(in fact, now I think of it, about half the children's books and tapes I can remember were either written or narrated by tony robinson. legend)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
That show was brilliant. Black Adder for kids, as a mate of mine put it. BA was fucking amazing, too. The episode with Johnson's dictionary was on telly over Christmas, still funny as hell I don't know how many viewings later.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
I hate this show. I hate elfs and orcs. I hate dwarfs and magicians. The only thing worse than dwars, elfs, orcs and the like is the thought of them having sex with each other. I only watched the first episode and it made me sick, although that might have been caused by my nostalgic thoughts about Xena the warrior princess. Which I, admittedly, liked when I was younger.

luka

i made a coffee for xena once. she loved it. she was very tall and strong and was wearing white reeboks.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I hate this show. I hate elfs and orcs. I hate dwarfs and magicians. The only thing worse than dwars, elfs, orcs and the like is the thought of them having sex with each other. I only watched the first episode and it made me sick, although that might have been caused by my nostalgic thoughts about Xena the warrior princess. Which I, admittedly, liked when I was younger.

Thing is, apart from the first couple of minutes of the first episode, there's been nothing supernatural happen at all (I've watched like 5 or 6 eps so far). The 'dwarf' as luka points out is a bona-fide midget, not a gold-obsessed Gimli-a-like. There's the dragon chat, but they're all dead. It's just people, and not even magical people at that.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i made a coffee for xena once. she loved it. she was very tall and strong and was wearing white reeboks.

The only famous person I ever served when I worked in a pub was Kevin Eldon. His face is as weird in real life as it looks on TV, I'm pleased to say.