Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: game of gnomes tv show

Default game of gnomes tv show

i watchd the whole first season in three days. its much better than the wire. i love it. its amazing. i cant wait for seaeson two. im going to buy book 2 and read it all.

and this is coming from someone that loaths the mythology of the english north and would happily see everything north of birmingham declare independence and fuck right off. i like brummie accents so im hanging onto the midlands.

game of thrones! Ha, yeah, it's quite good - carcetti is badass.

which one was carcetti? was he the dacing master? i loved him.

o was it the slimy brothel owner. im very bad with names.

You will witness effeminate men having sex in bathtubs while speaking about dragons
    thanks rich!

Been considering picking this up from the library, and that link has made me definitely write it down.

Summer - finish watching Carnivale
    Winter - watch Game of Thrones

cool, i was thinking of starting a thread about game of thrones.

I started reading this book over xmas after seeing a couple of the tv episodes and am completely gripped. I think its bloody great which is saying a lot from someone who's steered well clear of fantasy stuff since i was 14.

My fave character is Tyrion the dwarf because of his sardonic wit but you've also gotta love the Dothraki horselord! Sean Bean is perfect for Lord Stark.

I notice the book is nowhere near as racy as the TV show in which they seem to have invented some lesbian sex scenes etc and ramped up the swearing. Still, can't wait to finish the book then watch the whole series.

the dwarf is such a great character. i love him. great performance.

so many wonderfully rugged men. sean bean is outruggeded by quite a few of the cast. thats impressive.

i want to be a cross between drogo and the dwarf. drogo has the big brow ridge formed by mighty levels of testosterone. the dwarf has all the best lines and delivers them with aplomb. i love the fencing master too. i love stock characters played properly, to the hilt without apology or irony.

droid Guest

Im warning you now. The first three boks are great, the 4th is OK, but the 5th takes a serious nosedive in quality. Also, judging by the time its taken him to write the last two, it'll be at least 2020 before all seven books are finished.

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0245982/ this is carcetti

he gives a great monologue over a sex scene before getting cross and telling them he doesn't believe it! Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by you View Post
    http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0245982/ this is carcetti

he gives a great monologue over a sex scene before getting cross and telling them he doesn't believe it! Hilarious.
    This is one of the bits they must have invented for the tv series, there's no smoking hot lesbian ass-play in the book. Littlefinger is just as much a horrible cunt though.

I just finished the book today and, as good as it is, i don't think i'll move on to the second one straight away cos they're so long and absorbing, i cant justify the time right now. I feel like a complete nerd reading fantasy again after so long away from it.

Martin is a brilliant writer though, anyone else here read his Sandkings short story collection. Really good, nasty sci-fi shockers.

Droid, you're the third person to tell me that its all downhill after the third book, guess it must be true.
    Last edited by Benny B; 06-01-2012 at 04:08 PM.