Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Interesting predictions on this thread on reddit
Particularly the below:

How about Bran warg’s into NK and then Arya kills Bran with the dagger, thus killing the NK and all he has turned? They didn’t show the hive mind wight deaths in season 7 for nothing, I would assume. Also seems very GRRM to have a Stark have to kill a Stark. Also, when Bran gives dagger to Arya, he is asked why LF gave it to him and he responds “it was meant to kill me.” I don’t think he’s talking about season 1...

Honestly, that is NOT a bad theory! I could see it. Because we know there HAS to be a point to the Hodor reveal, and this could be it. He's going to warg that guy on the tree, and get stuck there (in his mind). This also makes PERFECT sense with the theory that the WW's/NK are trying to prevent a prophecy of their own. Perhaps the NK is trying to get South, to kill Bran, before Bran wargs into the young human NK AGAIN. Like maybe history has repeated itself and he has been trying to kill this kid before he has the chance to do all of the things, over... and over... and over... if he succeeds, he can break the cycle (wheel?!) and if he doesn't, this shit is going to go down again... and again...

Edit just to add: It also fits perfectly with the line from Leaf when they're under the tree, when Bran comes out of the vision of the NK on the tree and he's like... "It was you. You made the White Walkers?" and Leaf flat out says, "We were at war. We were being slaughtered. Our sacred trees cut down. We needed to defend ourselves." Bran then says, "From who?" And she says, "From you." But then adds, "From men." MAYBE SHE IS LITERALLY TALKING ABOUT BRAN AND THERE IS MORE TO IT I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL FUCKING APRIL I'M GONNA CRY XD

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
i want to be a cross between drogo and the dwarf. drogo has the big brow ridge formed by mighty levels of testosterone. the dwarf has all the best lines and delivers them with aplomb. i love the fencing master too. i love stock characters played properly, to the hilt without apology or irony.

I miss Luka posting about got

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
First episode aired over nine years ago. Crazy to think that, somehow. An epoch-defining show - the show we watched as Britain bumbled and guffawed out of the EU and Trump crowned himself the King of America. The swan-song of Western liberalism.

I'm sure that, in millennia to come, "as disappointing as the last season of Game of Thrones" will be a popular byword.

catalog

maybe i will watch the first season. tricky for me, cos my wife tried to persuade me to watch it when it was on, but at that point i poo pooed it, so i will need to backtrack. this is not going to be easy

catalog

I've persuaded her and we are watching! We are on series 2. Very good autumn winter telly. I'm not reading this whole thread cos probably spoilers but I like the dwarf best at the moment.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I've been hungover watching "The Witcher" on Netflix and it's so bad its making me want to revisit GOT for the first time since the last season (or two) fucked everything up.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It's amazing how bad the writing is for this big budget (probably bigger than the first series of GOT had) Netflix show. Whether that's the writers fault or studio interference/time limitation, etc.

And it possible shows what went wrong with GOT when it ran out of books to adapt.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The scenario of The Witcher could be pretty cool, too (as it is in the game), but the plotting is all over the place, the dialogue is bad (and often strikes you as anachronistic, however fantastic the world), etc etc

william_kent

I tried reading the first Witcher novel, very bad, didn't get far, gave it away - sounds like the TV series is probably faithful to original

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
So who else is enjoying House of the Dragon so far?

I'm pretty into it. Believable characters, decent script and acting, flawed 'good guys' and villains with swag, scheming, plotting, tons of violence, and - so far, at least - no supernatural crap (other than the existence of dragons). It's already going a long way to make up for the shit-show that was season 8 of GoT.

Much better than Amazon's pseudo-Tolkienian wankfest.

Had episode 1 or 2 on in the background last weekend. Plenty of jousting. Maybe I'll watch it with both eyes soon.

The Viewing episode of the Cabinet of curiosities is a lot of fun, I had most of a bottle of wine last night and enjoyed it greatly. It captured the proto-80s Led-lit plush futurism of 1979 very well. Definitely more about the journey than the destination tho.

Extremely good synth score throughout as well that deserves its own Music thread alone. 9/10

Better than the earlier Lovecraft-lite episode set in Arkham with an actual miskatonic U.

Last edited: