Fred Goodwin

IdleRich

IdleRich
Might be stripped of his knighthood. Is that just a pointless gesture? If they're gonna take that away from him why don't they strip Lords Black and Archer of their titles cos they actually went to jail whereas Fred the Shred was just an incompetent (and thoroughly unpleasant) banker?
I think it's totally meaningless - but on the other hand, if you're the kind of person who accepts these things (and in Black's case he became a naturalised Brit just so he could get it) then it obviously matters to you and so taking it away is probably quite a good punishment. So I reckon - fuck it, take it away from all of them. It would be best if they could invent a kind of dishonour system in fact and once you were given a title of that kind you had to be referred to by it in all official documents.

hucks

Your Message Here
So I reckon - fuck it, take it away from all of them. It would be best if they could invent a kind of dishonour system in fact and once you were given a title of that kind you had to be referred to by it in all official documents.

They should do the opposite, and take them away from everyone else. The honours system is a disgrace, so it would be a handy and apposite way of indetifying total cunts. So the lady who worked in local charities for 40 years unpaid - we're taking away your OBE. Goodwin, Archer, Black, you get to keep yours. And we're giving one to Gary Glitter. And two to Ian Huntley.

Lichen

The wives like a knighthood so it would get to them.
You'd also have to reprint your stationery which would be annoying.