Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cocktails

Quote Originally Posted by bandshell View Post
    I made my own cocktail that resulted in me nearly being run over by a police van. I asked for it in a bar once and received a concerned look.

Twatted Astronaut :

1 part Absinthe
    3 parts Special Brew
    Ice

Served in a pint glass
    reminds me of mixing vodka & stella together after the night's gone on abit too long and there isn't much left to drink

The Good Mixer in jolly old Camden Town serves cocktails called the 'Rickstasy' (invented by a guy called Rick, I guess) which are served in a half-pint glass and have Bailey's as their least alcoholic ingredient. They actually taste fucking lush despite containing Southern Comfort, which is pretty impressive. Disturbingly easy to drink. I had four or five of them one night about six years ago, which I think is the last time I was sick from alcohol alone.

Where's the link to that page where you type in the name of a singer or band and it generates a cocktail with that name?
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

'of 512 visits, 2 people gave this a thumbs up'

Cocktails are for girls yes, but sometimes mixes are fun.

Maybe I will have some this weekend.

i just came home witha jar of sauerkraut as i am very impressionable. it does make for a good bloody mary. thanks routes.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    i just came home witha jar of sauerkraut as i am very impressionable. it does make for a good bloody mary. thanks routes.
    I should imagine Sydney has Korean grocers...try a bloody mary with chili kimchi in place of Tabasco. Fucking amazing.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

they sell kimchi in the local corner shop mate, dont even have to go to the korean shop. that would probably be foul though wouldnt it? how could you drink such big bits of cabbage?

even the saurkraut is pretty messy im spilling it all over my trousers, its getting in my moustache and that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    they sell kimchi in the local corner shop mate, dont even have to go to the korean shop. that would probably be foul though wouldnt it? how could you drink such big bits of cabbage?
    You don't have to 'drink' the cabbage, it's a sort of garnish that also flavours - you can fish it out with a fork when you've finished the drink.

Probably not one for the cocktail purists but I liked it.

Alternatively, harissa paste works well too.

oh why does no one ever explain these things to me. i drank the sauerkraut. i liked it. i will try the kim chi then. i like having it the house anyway.

I had a wasabi bloody mary once that was fairly buff.

simon silverdollar Guest

mint juleps are the best cocktails.

but i don't agree with ordering cocktails at regular bars, or in clubs. that should be banned. you should only order them at cocktail bars, when everyone else in there has de facto signed up for a huge wait at the bar.

also, most people who make cocktails act like pricks. did this happen before tom cruise?

you know what i just realised. i got saurkraut and horseradish mixed up.

but if you want to put sauerkraut in your bloody mary its alright you know.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post: