cocktails

luka

i just came home witha jar of sauerkraut as i am very impressionable. it does make for a good bloody mary. thanks routes.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i just came home witha jar of sauerkraut as i am very impressionable. it does make for a good bloody mary. thanks routes.

I should imagine Sydney has Korean grocers...try a bloody mary with chili kimchi in place of Tabasco. Fucking amazing.

luka

they sell kimchi in the local corner shop mate, dont even have to go to the korean shop. that would probably be foul though wouldnt it? how could you drink such big bits of cabbage?

luka

even the saurkraut is pretty messy im spilling it all over my trousers, its getting in my moustache and that.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
they sell kimchi in the local corner shop mate, dont even have to go to the korean shop. that would probably be foul though wouldnt it? how could you drink such big bits of cabbage?

You don't have to 'drink' the cabbage, it's a sort of garnish that also flavours - you can fish it out with a fork when you've finished the drink.

Probably not one for the cocktail purists but I liked it.

Alternatively, harissa paste works well too.

luka

oh why does no one ever explain these things to me. i drank the sauerkraut. i liked it. i will try the kim chi then. i like having it the house anyway.

S

simon silverdollar

mint juleps are the best cocktails.

but i don't agree with ordering cocktails at regular bars, or in clubs. that should be banned. you should only order them at cocktail bars, when everyone else in there has de facto signed up for a huge wait at the bar.

also, most people who make cocktails act like pricks. did this happen before tom cruise?

you

I made a few cocktails over christmas, nothing fancy just tasty drinks.

For christmas morning I thought an espresso martini would be cool.

1/3 vodka chilled
1/3 espresso chilled
1/3 kahlua chilled

Mix and pour over ice.

For some random day afterwards I made a Nigel Slater concoction:

1/3 Prosecco (or whatever, anything white and fizzy I guess)
1/3 Calvados
1/3 Cloudy Apple Juice
Frozen Raspberries

Gorgeous, quite a wintery, blokey drink.

Also, a white russian is a nice drink too.....

luka

i got a massive barrell of saurkraut now and i dont know what to o with it. any ideas> im vegetarian.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Whoever mentioned mint earlier is OTM. Not sure I've ever had a julep as such (what's in one?) but properly made mojitos are the fucking bomb. There's a bar in Geneva that does amazing ones, they're pricey but you get a blend of dark, golden and white rums - proper stuff, none of your Bacardi nonsense - and you can get a rum top-up as you drink it. Such a pleasant way to get slaughtered.

I made some banana daiquiris for a house party a few years ago, they went down pretty well. Wray & Nephew's overproof rum, oh my word...

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
i remember my mate telling me he liked making a Spanish tortilla-style omelette but with potatoes and saurkraut instead of potatoes and onions. not tried it myself but sounds pretty good tbh

slowtrain

the only cocktail i drink is whiskey and stout

although last night sometime poured herbal tea in my whiskey - it was ok

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
anyone got any tips for london cocktails places for nice evening/meal out? E Central.

Yeah Dick Bradsell's new place The Pink Chihuahua on Brewer Street
http://www.diffordsguide.com/pubs-and-bars/bar?id=370;name=The Pink Chihuahua at El Camion
Have the expresso martini. Your life wont ever be the same. Upstairs is a Mexican where you can eat as well as drink his concoctions I think? Ring to check that tho. I cant afford to eat and drink at the same time.