Thread: Highest technology

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Highest technology

This is as clever as it sounds - camera sees around corners thanks to femtosecond laser bursts http://bit.ly/GDA0Dr

That is so clever and such a thorough application of light theory I'm surprised it's not classified.
    The inverse of this would make invisibility cloaking much more effective.

Anyway, I reckon that is the very highest technology available today. Maybe it's a watered-down version of the detectors in the LHC, I don't know. If this isn't, what is the highest technology anyone is coming up with at the moment?

That's pretty fucking amazing.

Most of the really high-precision detectors in the LHC experiments are used for tracking charged particles, so I'm not sure it's directly connected to this kind of technology - but at the end of the day it's all CCD (charge-couple devices) that form the basis of digital cameras from space telescopes to the one in your phone. And, on a fundamental level, particle physics instrumentation.

Nice find!
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

bloody hell! Tea - get writing yo! Spook Country as a jump off ;-)

It's kind of a boring/cliche subject but sometimes I wonder what stuff is going to be like when I'm like 50 (22 now). I really don't want to think about it though, grim shit, can't see the world or our relationship with technology and nature being any more healthy than it is now.

up on sum urban tech-wear tip, acronym be on dis