Stratford - What's good?

sufi

lala
there was a good documentry on australian tv the other night about stratford and the olymipics.. had all the usual suspects, iain sinclair, will self, the groundkeeper at hackney marshes, a guy from clays lane, seb coe etc so i saw somefootage of it. a malls a mall innit really. im sure it has good useful shops in it, its just the way they leave everything outside desolate and public space beomes private space etc etc ad infinitum
would like to see this
is psychogeography still going?

IdleRich

IdleRich
This book getting a fair bit of press and may be psychogeography

that's in answer to your question Sufi, it has nothing to do with Stratford.

sufi

lala
they used to have a real museum in stratford. the passmore edwards. i liked the stuffed fox. it appeared in my dreams from time to time. ive always liked foxes. i will be in stratford towards the end of july sufi if youre still about then. we can eat some chips in the park.
brilliant - i'll be here!

luka

its unbeleivably shit that film. its a fucking disgrace. shameless keillor rip off with none of the wit and intelligence. im here now. which pub do you want to go to? the wetherspoons? or something more glamourous? or do you want a feed instead?

luka

if that is what would make you happy ed we will go there. i noticed it today. its been there a while i think but under different names. ive been there before. its a bit much but i can handle it for your sake.

IdleRich

IdleRich
What's the name of that film? I've seen Finisterre (which is a pretty poor rip-off of PK) but this is a different film isn't it?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I went to Bluewater the other day (dont ask) and going well past Greenwich, there's this kind of...shanty town...with loads of tents. You can barely see it from the road. I guess it's for volunteers, or army people, or something. It was like...tents. I mean, what's that about?

This should maybe be in the Olympics thread.

luka

yeah which was inevitable once they agreed to the westfield. its sad cos i hate croydon.