Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stratford - What's good?

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    big shopping malls tend to suckthelife out of aplace. i havent seen it yet but i workin a westfield so i know what theyre like.
    It's right next to the station, so I've seen it when I've gone to get the coach to Stansted a few times. Looks utterly hideous, but you could probably have guessed that.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

We went to see that film about Thatcher at Westfield there, we were really bombed and got followed round by security guards and told to take our hoodies down - it was when it was fucking freezing - and then we did loads of drugs in the cinema and shouted at the screen. It was fun. I don't recognise Stratford anymore, it's like a spaceship landed on the place.

there was a good documentry on australian tv the other night about stratford and the olymipics.. had all the usual suspects, iain sinclair, will self, the groundkeeper at hackney marshes, a guy from clays lane, seb coe etc so i saw somefootage of it. a malls a mall innit really. im sure it has good useful shops in it, its just the way they leave everything outside desolate and public space beomes private space etc etc ad infinitum

It is weird. We got a train from Stratford Internatlonal a few months ago and it was a surreal experience because the mall wasn't open and nothing in the station (which is the size of a village) was open. It was just a vast airhanger of nothingness waiting to be activated by The Olympics - one of us was really late so we had to kick around for ages doing nothing - there was a space where you could park a jumbo jet and nothing in it except one guy with a small table selling coffee. When one of us dropped their coffee they had to send out for cloths to clean it up. We went and sat outside in the building site cos it was slightly more interesting.

i like inshops a lot. i might open a buissness there when i get back.
    http://www.inshopsretail.com/index.php?id=14
    It's classic innit
    Percy Ingle all the way

not dared to set foot in westf*** yet - I loved the review of it as ' like a theme park of pre-recession UK c2008'
    Last edited by sufi; 05-07-2012 at 11:27 AM.

there was a good documentry on australian tv the other night about stratford and the olymipics.. had all the usual suspects, iain sinclair, will self, the groundkeeper at hackney marshes, a guy from clays lane, seb coe etc so i saw somefootage of it. a malls a mall innit really. im sure it has good useful shops in it, its just the way they leave everything outside desolate and public space beomes private space etc etc ad infinitum
    would like to see this
    is psychogeography still going?

This book getting a fair bit of press and may be psychogeography

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scarp-Nick-P...1488651&sr=1-1

that's in answer to your question Sufi, it has nothing to do with Stratford.

they used to have a real museum in stratford. the passmore edwards. i liked the stuffed fox. it appeared in my dreams from time to time. ive always liked foxes. i will be in stratford towards the end of july sufi if youre still about then. we can eat some chips in the park.
    http://www.newham.gov.uk/Entertainme...atfordPark.htm

they used to have a real museum in stratford. the passmore edwards. i liked the stuffed fox. it appeared in my dreams from time to time. ive always liked foxes. i will be in stratford towards the end of july sufi if youre still about then. we can eat some chips in the park.
    brilliant - i'll be here!

Quote Originally Posted by sufi View Post
    is psychogeography still going?
    Nah, it's all about occult media studies these days.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

its unbeleivably shit that film. its a fucking disgrace. shameless keillor rip off with none of the wit and intelligence. im here now. which pub do you want to go to? the wetherspoons? or something more glamourous? or do you want a feed instead?

wahey!!
    how about http://swagga.xxx/