Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Film - breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

the sad news about bob hoskins (rip) brought to mind a film from maybe the early/mid-2000s about a guy who's head of a UK mob crew, he's sort of an aging gangster trying to manage in the new world of crime organizations. while not an outright comedy, the film is sort of a gang-that-couldn't-shoot-straight tale.

can't think of the name of the film, thought i remembered hoskins in the lead role as mob boss but don't see anything like that on his IMDb.

anyone have a guess about what film i thinking of?

Apparently Gaspar Noé screened a "straight cut" of Irréversible at Venice.

'Presented clockwise, everything is clear and also darker. No dialogues have been cut, nor have any events in the story. Which is why this version is called Straight Cut. Until now, Irréversible was a deliberate puzzle.

'Now it’s a diptych, like an old record whose B side is the less conceptual mix of the track on side A, but this time with voices that are more audible, rendering the meanings of the words more fatalistic.'

I don't actually like the film but whatever. It's an interesting development.

Intrigued by this.

what?what?what?what?what?

the sad news about bob hoskins (rip) brought to mind a film from maybe the early/mid-2000s about a guy who's head of a UK mob crew, he's sort of an aging gangster trying to manage in the new world of crime organizations. while not an outright comedy, the film is sort of a gang-that-couldn't-shoot-straight tale.
    can't think of the name of the film, thought i remembered hoskins in the lead role as mob boss but don't see anything like that on his IMDb.
    anyone have a guess about what film i thinking of?
    The description sounds a bit like The Long Good Friday but that's not 2000s, it's 80s.

Gangster No.1? Although that's Paul Bettany, Malcolm McDowell and David Thewlis with no Hoskins.