Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: How has burial dated for you?

They thought they'd be laughing at Tim but it didn't work out that way. In the old days we'd say they got boyed lol lol lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

I actually meant to embed it at the point where he says "ITS DRUM AND BASS WHO CARES" but technology isn't suiting my sniping.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CrowleyHead For This Useful Post:

Big load of meh from the next release, but at least he's laid off the Enya vibes.

https://boomkat.com/products/subtemple-beachfires

7. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Leo

damn, you beat me by 15 minutes!

10th anniversary of "untrue", a pretty great look back.

Awaiting Luka's rejoinder!

As cynical as I've been about Burials rhetoric of angels in underpasses over the years, I must say I felt a pang, reading those quotes of his - that most rare of musicians with something interesting to say, and who made/makes music as interesting as those interesting quotes. Not to mention, of course, completely snubbing fame and personal notoriety - a miraculous act, in this day and age.

ive slagged it off enough over the years. also the fact is ive never listened to it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

And wouldn't it be fascinating to read an interview with him in 2017? What's he been up to, what music he likes, how he's coped with not embracing his fame, whether he regrets not doing so now his big moment has passed...

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    ive slagged it off enough over the years. also the fact is ive never listened to it.
    I'd expect nothing less.

Have I already said this in this thread? But: Burials music actually HASN'T aged for me, because it sounded completely out of time when it came out. It's too weird and distinctive to sound 'of a moment'. Nobody else ever really sounded like Burial, despite some shameless attempts.

Interesting to speculate, as Reynolds does here, as to the influence his melancholy sound had on hip hop/RNB.

Burial hasn't influenced anything except bad clones.

More good stuff. I love 'Weak Become Heroes', must listen to it today.

Isn't it perfect, somehow, that the one guy who does interesting interviews never does interviews? Maybe he used up all his good stuff in those first interviews (ditto his first albums)?

I like the backside of his new single for Nonplus. It somehow takes off where the second half of the Zomby collab stopped, reformulating jungle into this kind of afterdark rainforest house --with vague, but militantly sexual politics.