Noise/techno.

Gombreak

Gobby - Above Ground
aboveground.png

http://www.unonyc.com/giveitaway/

Gombreak

& in terms of primal outpourings John Olsen's 'Henry & Hazel Slaughter' outfit is fun, if a little uncoordinated/basic at times.

Has there ever not been a corner of the music world that isn't noise+(current genre) for the last few decades? You had labels like Six Sixty Six in the 90s for the acid / gabber / hard techno crossover; you had the industrial / power noise people crossing over from the "other side"; breakcore was jungle for people who like overdriven feedback. There's have to be the same things continuing now.

I'm still digging this emptyset video:

CrowleyHead

Well, there isn't Noise Metal. There was a brief Noise Rock-influenced hardcore crossover, but that didn't last long.

Oh wait, nope! The grindcore band Pig Destroyer actually have a noise/power-electronic generator musician in their band. They don't do it RIGHT, but still, it's there.

philblackpool

gamelanstep
Has there ever not been a corner of the music world that isn't noise+(current genre) for the last few decades? You had labels like Six Sixty Six in the 90s for the acid / gabber / hard techno crossover; you had the industrial / power noise people crossing over from the "other side"; breakcore was jungle for people who like overdriven feedback. There's have to be the same things continuing now.

I'm still digging this emptyset video:

Props. My problem with a lot of the stuff on this thread is that although it is good, it is sometimes hard to see the noise influence on the techno-y stuff & sometimes hard to see the techno-y influence on the noisy stuff - players from one world in the other is not enough. However there are then trax like that Pete Swanson one & the Lee Gamble stuff which just about hit the nail on the head. The 666/power noise/etc stuff mentioned here also pretty much balanced the two but I must admit I never found many of those records very engaging - noisy techno for sure but too bleak somehow.

I remember occasionally back in the 90s trying to get various UK noisers turned onto more electronic 'dance' music & they were never quite convinced, but tardy prolonged exposure to Basic Channel etc eventually seemed to do the trick years later. Even in recent years I remember at least one person now featured on this thread as a hot-to-trot noise techno auteur being resistant to the whole idea. The person who I think has taken the influence on best for me is my pal Neil Campbell from Astral Social Club, who is often a lot lighter in what he does but sometimes pretty grizzly as well, almost always interesting & often stellar. Another lesser-known tip from me would be Forest Creature, whose "Frustrated Analogue" CD on Blackest Rainbow fairly well mirrors the excellent & unexpected live performance I saw from them in Preston a few years back.