Brooklyn Nets

Leo

i know the guys who made this clip, thought i'd share. the nets don't suck yet, so people here are pretty psyched.

Leo

Stadium is sponsored by Barclays?

yeah, which is kind of weird because barclays has no presence here, no one really knows who they are.

the arena was a huge issue for the past few year because they flattened/ousted lots of businesses and residents from the atlantic ave area to build it. lots of protests, legal delays and discussion about how it will change/ruin the neighborhood.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Barclays have been re-inventing themselves over the last few years from a fairly successful but boring retail bank to a much sexier market-manipulating, Libor-fixing investment bank - I'm guessing that buying a stadium in NY is part of the PR to go with that. Though if they keep getting fined at this rate they'll probably have to sell it...

Leo

it's a high-visibility arena, so probably a good branding opportunity for them. btw, i'm sure barclays just has an agreement for naming rights to have their name on the place, they don't actually own it.