Brion Gysin's Dreamachine

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Am showing one of my videos at this on Saturday if anyone has the money to go, I know I don't. It clashes with Maybach unfortunately.

Brion Gysin's Dreamachine

Saturday, 24 November 2012
 20:00

Apiary Studios, 458 Hackney Road, London E2 9EG

The UK launch of the first ever bespoke Brion Gysin Dreamachine

“We must storm the citadels of enlightenment the means are at hand” William S. Burroughs

The dreamachine is a stroboscopic flicker device you view with your eyes closed that produces visual stimuli and hallucinations. Gysin believed that by offering the world a drugless high the invention could revolutionize human consciousness.

The night will include exclusive talks, film screenings, music, and Dreamachines! Featuring :

TALKS :
Steve Finbow on "Gysin and Ginsberg: sexual and textual politics in the Beat Hotel."
Ian MacFadyen on Gysin, Balch, Burroughs and the Beat Hotel
Rikki Stein on his own experiences with Master Musicians of Joujouka/Jajouka and Gysin

Aural documents
Stewart Home "Simulated LSD trip in a Lithuanian Forest" and a personal broadcast on Brion Gysin

MUSIC :
Robert Hampson Music for Dreamachines installation
Fritz Catlin / Skintologists ex 23 Skidoo DJ set
Akoustik Timbre Frekuency
UN

FILMS :
Aphex Twin's Stakker Westworld from Marek Pytel and Reality Film

Master Musicians of Joujouka new movies

Joujouka a film by Daragh McCarthy filmed at the 2008 Brian Joines 40th Anniversary Festival in Joujouka an intimate portrayal of ritual and village life.

Tribe Ahl Serif an intimate view of the classic Master Musicians of Joujouka shot 6 months before Ornette Coleman arrived to record in January 1973. Tribe Ahl Serif was filmed in June 1972 by John Anthony sound by Arnold Stahl.

FLicKeR :: A Film By Nik Sheehan Featuring Marianne Faithfull, DJ Spooky, The Stooges, Iggy Pop, Lee Ranaldo, Genesis P-Orridge, John Giorno, Floria Sigismondi, and Kenneth Anger, Terry Wilson and others.

James B L Hollands's Telepathy 101 from hard drive as it flickers with a 60 frame per second intensity!!

On-going Guerilla Conditions 1960s Antony Balch film featuring Ian Sommerville, Brion Gysin, William Burroughs, Alexander Trocchi Jean-Jacques Lebel with live soundtrack mix by Frank Rynne

Further info & to buy tickets :
http://www.guerrillazoo.com/dreamachine

Part of Modern Panic III @ Apiary Studios
23 Nov - 2 Dec 2012
A unique and powerful collection of over 50 surreal, controversial & provocative international artists :

crofton

sounds interesting. i have the olympia mag with the dream machine cutout somewhere i think. will try to come to this if i can.

IdleRich

IdleRich
A group of my friends are going to this and I will go with if I can get the money together. So probably not then.
Don't you get a free ticket if they're showing your thing Sloane?

Bangpuss

I know the guy who's putting this on, James his name. He let me try on of his dreamachines once. Can't say it was mind-blowing, but it definitely did something. Not sure if I'll be around to go to the event.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
A group of my friends are going to this and I will go with if I can get the money together. So probably not then.
Don't you get a free ticket if they're showing your thing Sloane?

Ah yeah I'll get in free I should think but wouldnt be able to otherwise!