Largest iceberg break up ever caught on film

Leo

So, wow. Wowwowwow. A group of filmmakers, making a movie called, aptly, Chasing Ice, have captured what they claim to be the largest iceberg calving ever filmed. After weeks of waiting, The Guardian reports, the filmakers witnessed 7.4 cubic km -- nearly 2 cubic miles -- of ice crashing off the Ilulissat glacier in Greenland. The movie, which is playing in the States in a handful of theaters and will be released in the UK tomorrow, follows photographer James Balog's mission to document the Arctic ice that is being melted by climate change.

And this video -- a teaser for the film -- is a striking way to start a publicity tour. It's haunting and beautiful and, you know, terrible. It's mesmerizing. It's like watching a natural Manhattan, Balog says, "breaking apart in front of your eyes."

http://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...t-iceberg-breakup-ever-caught-on-film/266193/

really? what have you read about it?

It was all done in a bathtub in Penge.

Sorry, what I was really doing was parodying every Youtube comments thread ever.

What you shared there was one of my favourite terrestrial phenomenonenons, second only to 1= Ultra Plinian volcanic eruptions and deep sea brine lakes.

Leo

It was all done in a bathtub in Penge.

Sorry, what I was really doing was parodying every Youtube comments thread ever.

What you shared there was one of my favourite terrestrial phenomenonenons, second only to 1= Ultra Plinian volcanic eruptions and deep sea brine lakes.

ah, ok. i was a little slow on the uptake, there. :)

btw, the audio is pretty cool here. try it in headphones, loud.