Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Might try and record a mix at the weekend if I can be bothered.

Decided to stop being flakey and actually do this:

More to come soon - I was originally planning to do maybe 2 of these but it's now looking like I'd need to do at least 3 or 4 to fit in all the tunes I'd want to play.

Not really aiming or expecting to surprise/educate those of you who regularly post here with the selection - the main point of doing these is just to gather together my favourite tunes in nice beat-mixed packages, so you'll get plenty of scene anthems, a few 'roots of' type tunes and current international house tunes that I feel fit with the sound, plus some personal faves from the scene that imo maybe haven't had the recognition that they deserve.

Tracklist:
Area 8 - Lifted
Playtime Productions - Butterflies (State Of The Heart remix)
Creative Mind & A2H - Bed Sheets
Luke Larrell - Hiya
Nightshift - The Clash
Storm - Back In Touch
MK - Always (Shiba San remix)
Alex Arnout - One (More)
Calle Lebraun - Quiet Storm
Hodgson - Babylon System
Just JDan - Acidized
X5 Dubs - Cold Fresh Air
Jack N Danny - Fine Night
Majesty - The One
Louie Anderson - Deep Down VIP
Jack N Danny - Deep Down
Arun Verone - Hater Shades
Riaz Dhanani - Dark Forest
Mr Solo - Forced Entry
Pesci & SDP - Luther Effect
Leon Renner - Wait For You (Anthony Ranz remix)
Beep Dee - From Above
Carnao Beats - Chords Of Life
RS4 - No One Else
Creative Mind & Lee Edwards - Take Off

Will be adding a download link soon.

Have a good Christmas folks. :)

breakerproductions

^^^ Andy rudeboy, I loved that mix a lot, I had some stuff to do, so I put this on in the background and was pleasantly surprised. I would class this mix as 'Calm', really nice mix of tunes on there, and nothing bait. Really enjoyed it, and it has found a place on my I phone for sure.........:cool:

zhao

there are no accidents
Andy was that you that i met in Glasgow a few months ago? I was super high the entire night and aside from my set, which is in sharp focus in my memory, the rest was a blur...

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Nice one Breaker, very glad to hear you liked the mix.

Zhao, me & Paolo were both at the night in Glasgow. IIRC you and Paolo chatted the most, I mostly did my usual thing of lurking in the background :) . Your set was ace btw.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I like the old skool feel of this Majesty tune, the cheapness of the sounds in it (the tom hits) actually adds to that vibe. Very different to what I've heard from the scene too.

https://soundcloud.com/mfrrecords/jack-n-danny-faded-original-mix-free-download

This is more standard as bangers go from Jack N Danny and yet being standard never stopped something being a banger! I guess there is a cul de sac of sorts being carved out here, though, with the two note basslines + hip-hop sample formula being rinsed by many.

Anyway, since getting to LDN (sort of) I've consumately failed to reach ANY raves whatsoever so I'll not offer any scene diagnosis personally! Looking forward to listening to your mix Andy.

https://soundcloud.com/rinsefm/markradford271214

Also this is the Audio Rehab Xmas special, featuring everybody who's anybody. Haven't listened to it yet but would expect big things.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Are quite a few of the ppl involved in this music of a similar age to Radford? Just wondering if this old skool feel (meaning acid house/bleepnbass etc. rather than UKG) comes through from people's pasts or if its just the nature of the music...

datwun

Well done for getting a piece in the guardian. No mean feat

^Yeah, congrats in order for sure.

Thanks for that! Feels really good to have it out there finally, though it probably would have been a bit more relevant if it came out out 6 months ago lol

PS if anyone wants to get involved in the comment section on the guardian site, that's definitely appreciated :D haters out in full swing as per.
Thought this FAQ might help tho:

First of all thanks a lot to everybody for reading the piece and giving your opinions!
Some constructive criticisms wot I saw coming a mile off -

"It's just house" -
Yes it is house music, house music made in London and other multi-cultural British cities like Birmingham, Leister and Leeds, and which has incorporated strong influences from British rave music like grime, jungle and garage.

"It's just garage"
Yes, is it music which uses many sounds from garage, drum and bass and older UK musics, but mixes these sounds up over a house beat at 120-124 bpm - far slower than UK rave music has been played so far. Paragraphs 7-10 specifically talk about how the music, its influences and its innovations - it might help to read them!

"It's just a music journalist invented micro-genre"
I talk in quite a lot of detail about the naming of this scene and its problems. None of the terms in this article were invented by me, but are terms in use by hundreds of producers and DJs and tens of thousands of ravers. Please go to an Audiowhore, Siesta, House Central, House ENT, Audio Rehab, or Fudge London event on any given weekend, observe thousands of ravers dancing all night exclusively to this sort of house music and then get back to me on that!

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Part 2 of the mix series up now btw:

Tracklist:
Hodgson - One Spliff
RS4 & Kane Law - Time Out
Calle Lebraun ft Abbee- Sometimes I (Fantasize)
Retrosynths - Everybody Dance
Kane Law - Free Your Mind
Kele La Roc - My Love (Majesty remix)
Matt Fear - Invasion
Mr & Mrs Smith - London To Dubai
X5 Dubs - Le Sex
Hugo Massien - I Know
Anton Romero - Keep Calm (Aizi Robinson remix)
A2H - Effin Cockneys
James What - In The Dark
Lee Edwards & Storm - Enchanted Nights
Russ Jay - Flavour
Majesty - Mr Backerman
RS4 - In The Dark
Nick Holder - Erotic Illusions (Steve Bug & Martin Landsky remix)
NRKY ft Lenzez - Old Skool Skank
Archie B - On & On
Tazer - Wet Dollars (Donaeo remix)
Second City - I Enter (X5 Dubs remix)
NRKY - Polly Crayon
Nightshift - Dreams
Camo Crooks - Maestro
Jack N Danny - Jump Around
Paul Robinson - Space Rider
KG3 - Believe
Truce ft Kenny Knots - Take Control

Download link here:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/y5p8to
(Also added on the Mixcloud page).

Hopefully not too much overkill in terms of length/number of tunes - for the last 20-30 minutes I was stuck in the zone of 'OK I should think about wrapping this up now - ohh alright, just one more tune' etc etc. :D