Corpsey

bandz ahoy
This is the problem with dance genres these days for me. My default mode is listening to individual tracks. I think the internet has got me going nutz.

whytea

http://thump.vice.com/en_uk/article/scuba-has-had-enough-of-your-self-indulgent-bullshit

'He gives an example of this regrettable reality. "I was reading recently about some supposed new genre called deep tech which is apparently massive in the UK now. Maybe it is, but the music just sounds like bad tech house. People just want things packaged in a new way, so they'll think it's cool for a few months and then move on to the next repackaged thing." '

out to scuba

Find this odd tbh, because 'really bad tech house' is how everyone I know views most of his material post-dubstep? If it was any other of the Dubstep dons I would take it on the chin, but scubas newest stuff is boring euro-wank, at least this uk stuff has an edge and a bit of rudeness

That said he could have been talking about this Beatport article on Deep Tech which has nothing to do with the uk sound posted in here

https://news.beatport.com/deep-tech-an-introduction-to-dance-musics-sleekest-sub-genre/

Hey guys can someone help me out? I seem to of missplaced my versions of RS4 - Little Man (Radio Edit) & (Dub Edit).

Did anyone manage to download X5's remix of Because of Me when it was on his soundcloud in November? Was it the full version? Know he sometimes makes clips available for download

I'll sort these for you guys when i get a moment

glasshand

dj panic attack

vvvwwwv

he's not anathema to me like he seems to be to this forum, yet i did find 'bad tech house' an odd shot for him to be firing lol. pretty sure the 'massive in the uk' tells us he means this sound, herein lies the beauty of the 'deep tech' tag. confounding to the outside, but enough for the scene to bound around.

that maj mix is a bit trad aint it? still banging, love the acid bits

<iframe width="100%" height="125" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>
<iframe width="100%" height="125" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Scuba and this forum have a bit of a history. I'm not sure exactly what started it all off but I think it was when there was a thread on here about how shit his album was and he subsequently described dissensus as being a bunch of bitter nerds snarking about sounds. If the shoe fits, stamp on the shoemakers nuts with it IMO. It's not particularly surprising for someone to describe deep tech as being ''just tech house'', this has been one of the go-to phrases for sceptics since it started popping up on nerd-dars.

BareBones

wheezy
Been trying to figure out how to word this without sounding like a boring 30something twat, but am I too old (31) to go to one of these raves? I've been ignoring all this music for some reason but that jay power set is really doing it for me.

BareBones

wheezy
Lol that's a kind response, thanks. Most likely a moot point anyway as I doubt any of my mates will ever want to go to one of these things, they're too busy going to boring techno or fact mag-approved house nights or just staying indoors in a weed fug... This whole thread makes me feel depressingly old a bit, because it feels like the first UK club music scene in years that I'm coming at well late to the party

vvvwwwv

lool love that limmy clip. 'ya aving a good night are yer?'
anyone else bored to tears by radford's rinse show these days? not enuff louie, nightshift, rs4....