gonzo84d

Anyone know why Hugo Massien has deleted all his tracks off soundcloud ?

happened a few months ago. i'm guessing it has to do with the new reps he got and the connections he seems to have made with XL

thanks for the great reply dom, back to you later

glasshand

dj panic attack

I think this is the right place for this

I like the sound of this track and it'd be interesting to see how it went down at an actual house night in London (probably not very well) but this vid is like a UK version of LA Club Resource stealing US hood clips and giving them a throwback feel, so not feeling that.
+ the shuffling in the video is the only reason it's been posted in this thread, so you can see where the potential for confusion starts from here

glasshand

dj panic attack
weekend after next --- House of Silk

uk-1107-687166-622057-back.jpg

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?687166

I might go, see what's still happening in this scene.

Haven't been to a big house night since... maybe the House of Silk in January?? been a while. I'm sort of expecting a lot have people to have stopped the actual shuffling.

Last edited:

Daggazz

Shadow
So Hugo has signed to XL Recordings damn what a large label to sign to. Not sure if its a good thing yet though. Be interesting to see if his style changes because honestly I wanted more Madhouse.

Pandiculate

I like the sound of this track and it'd be interesting to see how it went down at an actual house night in London (probably not very well) but this vid is like a UK version of LA Club Resource stealing US hood clips and giving them a throwback feel, so not feeling that.
+ the shuffling in the video is the only reason it's been posted in this thread, so you can see where the potential for confusion starts from here

I see what you mean, I was thinking more coming from the other side and playing it to my grime/hip-hop loving mates. Curious what their reaction would be, they fling around shuffling as an insult but I think they would like this.

sadmanbarty

If anyone's interested, a couple of quotes indicating Future House's indebtedness to UK Deep Tech:

Answering a question about influences

"because of artists like Disclosure and Dusky, I really started to get into the UK garage house [sic]"

Oliver Helden
http://www.edmsauce.com/2015/06/04/heldeep-with-oliver-heldens-at-edc-new-york-interview/

"I'm also closely listening to what's happening in the UK. They have their own world which has inspired me a lot"

Tchami
https://thump.vice.com/en_us/article/tchami-does-not-fear-the-rinsing-of-future-house

Skimmed through a few of their mixes. Although they do contain the occasional Deep Tech track, UK House & Bass tracks seem to be more of a staple. Strange, because future house uses the percussive bass timbres of Deep Tech rather then the dread/warp/wobble bass of House and Bass.

As I said in a previous reply, Deep Tech now joins Dnb and Brostep as a nuum genre gone global (by way of future house). There seems to be some common features to these genres. More techy then other nuum stuff and less indebted to RnB and Dancehall (possibly a racial thing?). Similar to american grime (sd laika et al.); a more techy version of UK grime devoid of MC's (an element of grime to a large extent derived from dancehall).

sadmanbarty

Deep Tech isn't a genre or a sound or a scene, it's a term (like Jackin) that Datwun made up to troll this website

I don't know if you live in london and if things are different elsewhere, but it very much feels like a scene from my perspective (or at least did last year).

As for whether it's a genre or not, the sound is so incredibly homogenized that I find it hard not to see it as a genre.

datwun

Deep Tech isn't a genre or a sound or a scene, it's a term (like Jackin) that Datwun made up to troll this website

lololol, Rudewhy's trolling because he knows I love deep tech and hate the term 'deep tech'.

It's not a genre, it is a sound, if you need any proof that it is a scene then just look on the friends lists of any of the DJs or producers on facebook - though it's a scene that's lost its centre of gravity

SKEENNAH

House of Silk got locked off about 3am yesterday at the Coronet. I did'nt go in, was outside contemplating, but then an ambulance turned up about 2am, and after that no one was getting in. The ticket que was ram, with people waiting to get into the club. So sad as I was speaking to peeps outside who have come from far to attend, only to be dissapointed.
The positive I saw for myself, is that there is clearly a demand for this music, as the people waiting to get inside clearly demonstrated......

Daggazz

Shadow
Feeling this one! Released today.

https://soundcloud.com/audio-rehab-london/feeling-i-want-lance-morgan-ft-casey-spillman-preview-out-tomorrow

I got Hugo Massien - All Night

https://soundcloud.com/hugomassien/hugo-massien-all-night-1

Erm bit of a dumb question but what does the PC stand for ?

"I go home and f*ck that motherf*cker in PC all f*cking night"

................................................................................

And lastly can I get an I.D on the background track of this please?

Last edited:

denoir

< spam > Btw if anyone happens to be in Amsterdam next weekend, you should check the first edition of our new night "LDN Huis" w/ Nightshift, Louie Anderson, etc. at Radion Amsterdam (room 2)
event: < /spam >

Last edited: