Benny B

lolled at this

"I don’t have a specific beef with Disclosure I really don’t – I played the El-B remix of their tune at Fabric last year..."

pure self-parody

Yeah the Disclosure thing was bad.

Can't really understand the repulse to anything housey-sounding coming from certain sectors. Specially when even they'll agree that nearly all strands of UK dance music, including the ones they're into, started with someone trying to emulate some form of US house.

More on topic, there's some new Devine UK tunes on Amazon and iTunes: www.amazon.co.uk/In-This-House/dp/B00BS3THYS

trilliam

"But the irony being is that if they do go down the route of sonic change towards signifiers that fit more closely what we recognise as “London underground” by putting kicks and snares in interesting places, as Lee B3 Edwards and Lance Morgan suggest in that documentary, they might find themselves back at UK funky again, already!"

so thats the essence of the london sound ye, kicks and snares in weird places.. looool. this is how u can tell who is creating organically and who is trying really hard

Yeah the worst thing about all this attitude is the false hyperbole that it all sounds the same, missing every subtlety in the music, or just burying it under a biased notion that if it's 4x4 it can't be rhytmically interesting.

Makes it look like they need it all dumbed down and won't see any rhytmic variation unless there's a big off beat snare in the middle screaming for attention.

Which is something you'd expect from a 50 year old who only listens to Black Sabbath, not from people inside the dance music circle.

continuum

smugpolice
Some new mixes worth checking:

Ava Word™ with Osunlade at Ministry Of Sound Promo CD

Lance Morgan @ #UKZooParty - Coronet Theatre - 18/05/13

Dumplin - One Religion Meets Dysfunktion Mix

NATO

Lol @ Blackdown bitching about Disclosure eekin off the 90's whilst simultaneously heralding music from 8 years ago slowed down a bit as a new movement. gd 1

Did proper lol at that. Glad to see a bit of life back in this thread, was just reading through the first few pages where there's some good discussion and wondering 'what happened?'.

jorge

Yeah while I actually prefer listening to a lot of what blackdowns pushing to disclosure and the like, its kind of ridiculous to be criticising them for not being '2013' enough. I mean the latest keysound release, which I am a huge fan of btw, has a tune that is pretty much a carbon copy of some old dark garage, its even called homage. and scattah references zinc style jump up pretty openly. I really like the tunes but its pretty ironic of blackdown to criticise disclosure on these grounds when he might as well just say he doesn't like their sound cos its to clean and slick for him and leave it at that.

trilliam

Audio Rehab label owner Mark Radford delivers an hour and half set Live from Frequency Outdoor Garden Party.

soundcloud.com/djlancemorgan/mark-radford-live-frequency‎

alex

Do not read this.
i think some of the line-ups i see could be cut down a tad u know...maybe only have 2 dj's who are on all night, rather than 6 all go for an hour each.

trilliam

this is another one thats lighting up dancefloors by playtime productions
&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">

trilliam

dnt sleep there aint a better tune in ne of the top rated threads last page

this is another one thats lighting up dancefloors by playtime productions
&g=bb">&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%%"> ">

alex

Do not read this.
tbh that's pretty meh... too much airy fairy not enough sleeze imo...i hope everyone's not gonna go down that reverse skydiving route.

trilliam

tbh that's pretty meh... too much airy fairy not enough sleeze imo...i hope everyone's not gonna go down that reverse skydiving route.

lol that doesnt sound anything like reverse skydiving. at all. like zero comparison.

computer/laptop speakers dnt do it (as much) justice either

ur entitled to ur opinion doe.

i like the fact it bangs without the usual tools (that bass patch) for instance

Last edited:

alex

Do not read this.
nah it doesn't atall sound like that, but it's a moist tune..no bite. same as reverse skydiving.

edit* lol at thinking i judge music based on what it sounds like on lappy speakers..