Page 173 of 174 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174 LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 2598

Thread: Shuffling / House Music / Cutting Shapes

Welcome back Continuum!

Quote Originally Posted by continuum View Post
    Dubby stuff is where it's at for me atm
    Good to see you back man!
    And big tune!

Gremino - Aye, in terms of the real greazy pure deep tech sound, it's honestly just about us (House Not House) and Strange Static who are still pushing it as labels. You get a few harder tracks coming through on Audio Rehab still. Still some artists pushing the darker sound though:

J. Sono aka the artists formerly known as Digital Danger has been putting out constant fire lately:
    https://soundcloud.com/jsonobeats/few-vs-many-original-mix-clip-unsigned-jsono

https://soundcloud.com/jsonobeats/darkness-original-mix-clip-unsigned-jsono

https://soundcloud.com/jsonobeats/war-original-mix-clip-unsigned-jsono

KG3 still got the 100% hit rate.
    https://soundcloud.com/strangestatic/sets/kg3-genetics-ep

Jack N Danny still pumping out an insane amount of hard music
    https://soundcloud.com/jackndannyofficial/sets/eleven-free-downloads

And then there's like, our next release on HNH:
    https://soundcloud.com/housenothouseuk/sets/hnh-016-betty-ford-ep-w-mark-radford-rs4-frankie-dollar-out-012717

Our last release:
    https://soundcloud.com/housenothouseuk/sets/hnh-015-the-homecoming

Like that RS4 track, or tracks like Afraid 2 Die, that's just the essence deep tech for me...

But yeah, a lot of the energy in the scenes with the more tech housey side of things though. It's a shame. Honestly most of the big artists who were pushing amazing, darkside music 2013-14/15 - each with their own style, if you heard their bits last year it's all become an indistiguishable blur of one note basslines

Still there's some wicked stuff on the tech house side of things.
    This is an absolute anthem for instance
    https://soundcloud.com/detlef/swagon-original-mix

This recent mix I did is close enough to a survey of the current state of this UK house /deep tech scene
    https://soundcloud.com/crowdedhouseinc/series-006-datwun
    First 25 minutes is basically all my favorite tech house of 2016. from 35 minutes on nearly every single track is a HNH release or forthcoming HNH bit, which is basically what I play when I want to get greazy.

Our next next EP from none other than man like KG3 is now up on the soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/housenothouseuk/sets/hnh-017-kg3-amnesty-ep-out-022417

I reckon the sound's got legs still!

For our 17th release, House Not House bring you something seriously darkside from one of our absolute favourite producers in UK house - ravers, from KG3 it’s the Amnesty EP.

KG3 is best known as one the founding members and leading producers on London’s Strange Static label where he’s been pushing a unique and deadly take on deep tech since 2013. Fusing moody atmospherics with a rave-destorying sensibility, the sound is unmistakably made-in-London and his EP with us bares all the hallmarks of the drum and bass, garage and grime music he grew up listening to.

Title track ‘Amnesty’ is a darkside stomper aimed straight at the dancefloor. Centred around a sample of a police announcing a public safety initiative, the sample is mischievously flipped to chilling effect with the emphasis on how ‘it’s frightening to think what could be on our streets’… Musically too, the tune’s dark to its core, with a jittery half-step rhythm and a massive and squelchy bassline oozing with echo. Not for the easily scared.

On the second track KG3 comes altogether more techy with ‘Let Go’. A space-aged roller, the track builds up around an arpeggiated synth-line and hypnotically swirling pads before dropping into cavernous one-note bassline replete with alien bleeps and sweeps. The tune picks up even more energy when the whip-lash open high hat comes in, creating a groovy swing perfect for the shape-cutting massive. Then on the second build, things get spacey as it cuts back to just the spine-tingling synths and then the thudding kick drum, creating an eery energy before the second drop.

Finally KG3 brings the swing with the high octane ‘Krazy’. The most upbeat track of the bunch, but still strange and alien, the drums skip along with an old-skool garage infliction while the bassline competes with the fluttering acid synth and the cold-blooded Predator sample - ’ this is not about money… it’s about power’ - creating a vibe both spooky and bouncy. Something different!

If you’re talking about the darker side of UK house, then KG3’s one of the dons. When we first started talking about working together, we were hoping he’d cook us up some fire and our man did not disappoint. Handle this one with caution!

Default My New EP

Hey Guys

Check out my forthcoming EP release for July.
    Smiley Faces EP

Two off these tracks I actually made about two years ago, one was refused by a certain label lol.

https://soundcloud.com/mokujin-recor...obinson-smiley

i was scrolling thru Majesty's releases 4 old times sake

!!!!!

10/10 tags
    snmbsm
    @italkenoughshitonhere

Didn't expect this (cos i wasn't looking for it) - a new deep tech (?) tune that bangs hard

Also quite into this although it's more trad house - the Future vocal snips sound nice over it though

Last edited by Corpsey; 17-11-2017 at 08:58 PM.

does this scene still exist? is it back underground?

also: great tags on this thread.

My top tunes of 2017 is like 80 percent stuff from this and adjacent tech house labels

1 - Mirko Di Florio - Coco Club - Stone cold tech house banger, gangster, rude, chunky - played it out a whole bunch and seen it mash up a rave or 6 which always makes a tune special in my eyes.

2 - Phil Weeks - She Can't Love You - Okay, so it was released in December 2016, STILL. Warm and emotional in an incredibly generous way, slinky drums, groovy drums and that treacly sweet vocal - love it!

3 - Lee Foss ft Anjulie - Green Light - I guess I'm just a softy at heart. Bit of an unknown, underrated gem this one. Poppy, euphoric, glittering and spangly - a classic cut of house music.

4 - Caal & Baum - Downtown Beat - I unexpectedly ended up seeing my music hero Dennis Ferrer DJing at a kind of cheesy hotel in Mykonos this summer. This was the tune he was running when I arrived. Ravey carnival tech - what's not to like?

5 - KG3 - Amnesty - From House Not House Records 17th release and 2nd EP of the year, this is dungeon dark, hardcore deep tech dirt at its finest and I'm proud we got to release it.

Joint 6 - Mele - Latin Track / Chi Town / Sun Showers - Okay massively cheating, but Mele smashed it out the park this year with amazing rave ready rhythm tracks that combine tribal and techy and make it sound like the most natural and fun thing in the universe. banger banger banger.

7 - J Sono - Darkness - A darkside intergalactic space opera from the artist formerly known as Digital Danger. From HNH018, our latest release, Darkness combines a hair raising, lighters-in-the-air build and drop that harks back to '93 era darkcore jungle using very 2017 sound design. Not for the feint hearted.

8 - Hector Couto - Mr Magic - Spangly clean yet raw at the same time, with a vibe and soundpallet straight out of 80s electro, just a big stomping roller - perfect.

9 - Mr P - Dancing In The Sun - XXXclusive bit from HNH regular Mr P, forthcoming on the label in 2018. Bit of a new direction for P, coming in groovier than his usual dirt - but it still maintains that cheeky bounce and swing that define the Mr P sound.

Joint 10 - DJ Swagger - Lost / Mood J - Turn Your Love Around
    Lost - Melancholic vibes and 90s house horns - that's the Lo-fi shit I do like.
    Turn Your Love Around - The euphoria to Lost's melancholy, quirky and uplifting, seriously feel good.

Other tracks wot I loved this year

Techy:
    Larry Heard - The Sun Can’t Compare
    Batenko - Amnesia
    Ki Creighton, Makanan - Trivial
    Kreature - Access
    Detlef, Ossegg James - Swagon
    Demarzo - Hang Man
    Sooney - Back To The Music (Route 94 Remix)
    Mark Jenkins - Peanut Butter
    Creative Mind - You’re
    Theo Nasa - London Sound Bwoy Killer
    Leftwing & Kody - Sound Boy
    Max Chapman- La Fiesta
    Hugo Massien - Vital Signs
    Eli Brown - Hysteria
    Richy Ahmed - Come With Us
    Detlef - JayDee
    Ed Mason - Circles
    Denney - Back To Basics

Deep/Lo-fi:
    Mall Grab - Catching Feelings
    Ross From Friends - Talk To Me You’ll Understand
    Daniel Brooks - Make U Feel GD

Old shit wot I discovered and loved this year:
    Moodyman
    Herbert
    Murk Records
    The Robsoul back catalog (especially Reda Dare and Arturo Garces)

-----------------------------

Re the tags for this thread. I mean lol fine they're funny, but I find it weird that someone would go out there way to write a bunch of sarcastic shit about me? Like I love this music and work really hard to support it and run a record label which releases this music and very occasionally make posts letting people known that we have some new music out which they might like? Guess that does make me a massive cunt?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to datwun For This Useful Post:

Ignore the tags

I was just thinking earlier that this forum could use more passionate and knowledgeable advocates of genres. The core membership (I hope I'm not being unfair) seems generally disgusted with anything not recorded before 2010 (or in my case before c. 1800). Of course, most of the passionate advocates have been run off by the jaded wolves. (I love you guys.)

Not to say that there isn't room for criticism and outright insults directed at the music. No need to stoop to personal attacks. (I bet it was that beardy cunt Luka.)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

when i said "great tags on this thread", it was specifically because "just house innit", "didn't they do this in 1986?" and "radford is older than my dad" are in fact funny.
    Last edited by Leo; 01-01-2018 at 03:16 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:

Dissensus is so embarrassingly childish sometimes...

Happy new year datwun and everyone else xx

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Benny B For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post

Whenever i tune into rinse these days it's basically this kinda stuff. I'm not the best person to ask tho as i hate tech house(y) sounding stuff - the worst fusion genre in music history (on paper it sounds excellent but neither the original 90s/00s south london sound nor deeptech capture house's queer feel or techno's machinic/mantric funk.) it's all so pristinely produced, so lacking in any kind of artificial fetishism or rawness, if i hear tech house out, i am reminded why i hate clubbing as a circumscribed authoritarian pleasure activity within capitalist time cycles.

It's like static exhausted continuum, baffles me that people slate post-97 dnb which is equally as static, with all the retro trappings post-2009, and new jungle actually.
    Last edited by thirdform; 02-01-2018 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post

i went to house of silk in april 2017 in great suffolk st warehouse, having not gone to a deep tech night before then for maybe a year or so. i went with a guy who was interested in the scene for the reasons that ppl were talking about in here, no coverage on the big websites despite it (still) being a sell out night in london.

to me it seemed like the crowd and the vibe had changed quite a lot from the days of the coronet. there was wayyyy more young ppl there than i remembered at previous ones, like just turned 18-19 kinda vibe. seemed like surburban kids too, shotter bags and TNs. white kids gurning really hard in the smoking area. i swear i talked to more than a few ppl who were from hitchin and watford, places like that.

there were a lot of ppl really dancing in a way u don't get at big techno things in london imo, but there wasn't as much shuffling or quite as much madness as the coronet. shuffling's moment has fully gone now tho so not too much of a surprise.

my memory is patchy now but the music seemed fairly similar to the previous ones, heard some classics that i couldn't believe they were still playing, like h to da izzo. liked Pioneer's set and DJ S. Sam Supplier was horribly cringe inducing as per. left before jack n danny sadly, that could have been a highlight

april was ages ago now, but all in all i definitely wouldn't have said it was going back underground then, depends how u define that tho. it might be going back underground just cuz house isn't as popular in london in general now, so it's just the ppl who really caught the bug still going out for it. maybe those ppl were mixed in with the younger crowd at the april one. i would be interested to go to another one or maybe a different deep tech night this year to see what's going on.

i dunno if it was a joke or not but i heard a rumour there was gunna be a house of silk or deep tech boiler room. no sign of it yet but wouldn't that be the scene's funeral.