whytea

Most of my track hunting's been on beatport lately, cause it's nice to be able to actually cop the tracks, but this mostly means just checking what's new on Audio Rehab/+recordings, Audio Whore, House Ent and sometimes Recess (who I find super hit and miss). Any other labels worth checking out?

MFR! these guys are going in

https://soundcloud.com/mfrrecords

Eastside and Mokujin good shouts

wise

bare BARE BONES
Anyone trying to embed SC links you have to scroll down and untick the "automatically parse links in text" box, or you'll end up with a post like banshee's

continuum

smugpolice
Current list of labels I'm checking:

Audio Rehab Recordings
Audiowhore
Deep Freeze
Definition Audio
House Entertainment Records Uk
Mfr
Mokujin Recordings
Pathogen Productions
Plus Recordings
Recess Recordings
Sotu Recordings
Switched On
Toob
Up Tempo
Vex Uk

NATO

This Lance Morgan Bodynod set is fucking good. That x5 dubs tune, the Drunk in Love refix, sticks out a mile - so fucked.

Last edited:

continuum

smugpolice
@trilliam - dunno about that Carnao video. First time I watched it was disappointed but after leaving it for a while and then coming back to it found it was better than I originally thought. Original disappointment may have had something to do with how many times I've heard that song and the expectation for the video that arose. There's some encouraging comments on Youtube about it though such as "what sort of music is this?" etc.

@NATO that Bodynod set is good. Listened last night. You kind of get the impression from the recording that it was a lot of people's first experience of the sound and that it went off. When Champagne Bubblee is telling the shufflers to move into the middle of the dancefloor it got me thinking about how shuffling is forcing the emphasis away from the stage and back on to the crowd itself. When you look at golden era rave videos the crowd are all facing in multiple different directions and dancing with each other as oppose all focusing on the DJ and MC who are usually tucked away somewhere. Great to see raves returning to this ethos where the party as a whole is more important than any one of its constituents.

vvvwwwv

that carnao vid is obviously something banged out quickly to garner more attention for the tune, judge it accordingly lol. anyone feeling his new one 'listen to me'? bit subdued for me, vocals completely overpower it.

lance morgan @ thekla is sounding sick. would be a roadblock event should x5 dubs get booked for the next one *wink wink*
man's smashing it, feeling those tunes above and eagerly anticipating his release on eastside coming through. 'drunk in love' a free d/l after 10,000 plays, put in the work fellas...

was hoping someone could help me find a tune that's been around for a while. comes in 12:30 on the rs4 kooky mix and doing a little search for the lyrics turns out it's a robin thicke remix lol. was wondering if anyone had picked it up for download or seen it on soundcloud a while back.

blazey

that carnao vid is obviously something banged out quickly to garner more attention for the tune, judge it accordingly lol. anyone feeling his new one 'listen to me'? bit subdued for me, vocals completely overpower it.

lance morgan @ thekla is sounding sick. would be a roadblock event should x5 dubs get booked for the next one *wink wink*
man's smashing it, feeling those tunes above and eagerly anticipating his release on eastside coming through. 'drunk in love' a free d/l after 10,000 plays, put in the work fellas...

was hoping someone could help me find a tune that's been around for a while. comes in 12:30 on the rs4 kooky mix and doing a little search for the lyrics turns out it's a robin thicke remix lol. was wondering if anyone had picked it up for download or seen it on soundcloud a while back.

Hang tight for X5 @ Bodynod.

Lance smashed the last event and really opened eyes and ears for a lot of people.

Re: the shuffling ting - I am fully up for people wanting to express themselves in whatever way they want. :cool: