continuum

smugpolice
home @ no. 65 was sick last night, was being filmed for igotshapes so hopefully will be some footage to post soon. one of the best night ive been to in time, literally everyone shuffling but on another level this time to what ive seen before, saw madkezza there etc., it was great

Just heading to Home on the train now to see Majesty. First proper Deep Tech night for me. Can't wait!

rubberdingyrapids

i love all the tracks that sample old hip hop tracks - wish i knew all the artist names. but the one that samples nas and the track that samples wu-tang's cream are great.

datwun

Heya, sorry been a bit out of action recently, but wanted to say thanks for all the label and track recommendations, some absolute corners there and makes future visits to beatport a lot more exciting lol.

Big up wise for that ableton tutorial as well! Do you recon everything they do on that synth has an equivalent on FM8?

continuum

smugpolice
Listened to Benny's Deep Blue mix last night. Good selection and some great mixes between tracks.

Run down of Home with DJ Majesty on Sunday:

Managed to find the club easily and went for a beer at a nearby bar first where I was met with some friendly advice on which lager to try (Sagres). I was already decently drunk as had a bottle of wine before leaving the house and a couple of vodka and cokes on the train so didn't drink all the lager in case I couldn't get in for being too drunk. Got to the door and was met by about 5 or 6 security and 1 who searched me, put my ID on a scanner and then took a picture. Guy on the cash desk asked if I was cool and then was let in. As soon as I got to the dancefloor there were people shuffling hard and I enjoyed the dark atmosphere of the club straight away. There was also a laser like you used to see back at Dreamscape and oldskool events with dancing animations and some screens showing the Luke Larrell, Majesty and Kele Le Roc tune 'They Want You' on repeat.

Got a drink in and had a wander round to get my bearings. Club wasn't small but not massive either. It filled up with a good amount of people by last entry at 1am but wasn't packed which left room to dance properly. Everyone was shuffling and all were very good at it. I wanted to dance but felt self concious as can't really do the footwork side of it. No one cared though and ended up dancing the whole time. The music was really good from all the DJs. After the first resident, who I didn't catch the name of, Ellie Cocks came on and played some mad tunes. People were feeling it and I made a point to say hello quickly after her set and say it was good. She was cool, was talking to lots of people and hung around to see Majesty.

During Ellie Cocks set Mad Kezza walked in and ended up dancing for most of the night right in front of the DJ booth. Managed to say hello to him and he was sound shaking my hand and dancing close by. Then, at about 2:30, Majesty took over and basically smacked it for two solid hours. S Star TV was filming and some of the dancers were really going for it while they were being filmed. Donae'o also appeared during Majesty's set and hung around in the DJ booth. For the last 30 mins of the night resident DJ NG took over and finished it off properly.

So, at just after 5am on Monday morning I found myself outside with a few of the other dancers looking to keep going. Luckily next door there was an after hours club called Glamorous just getting started so went there for a bit. Ellie Cocks was DJing again when I got in there and so danced for about another 2 hours. Not being on any drugs (Redbull and alcohol only) I had to call it a night around 7am and walked out into daylight with Monday morning rush hour going on around me! A bit of a mad journey home ensued but felt like I got the proper Sunday clubbing experience by being amongst the masses after all of the above.

Overall it was a quality night which I've been thinking loads about since getting back to MK. It would be really great to have something like that round here. All the people I met were spot on which was a little surprising due to the dark nature of the music. I was expecting moodiness but there was none of it. All the people I met were really friendly and you could feel a genuine excitement coming from them about what was going on. Hopefully there will be a recording of Majesty's set up on Soundcloud and also will be interesting to see S Star TV's footage. Definitely go if you get the chance.

doom

Public Housing
'sound is the soul of music & god is the soul of music'

'if you're tired stay home, if you're scared go to church'

can someone ID this for me? Majesty plays it in that Home set & I heard it in another mix posted up-thread... tried googling those lines... the latter got me a nice selection of mommyblogs, not sure what that says about me & my google filter :eek: