whytea

Latest mix from it hertz, from Russia's Twizztee, one of my favourites we have had done so far

https://soundcloud.com/it_hz/it-hz-mix-008

Tracklist:

Blaise - Try Again
Jake Twell - Acid Walk
Limit'less - Darkest Part of Me
RS4 - The Massive
Max Britton - I Get Down
Louie Anderson - Here Kitty Kitty (Mark Radford Remix)
Arun Verone - Yeah!
Arun Verone - I've Got It
Jack N Danny - Crack The Code
Area 8 - Haze
Archie B - On & On
Eastside Recordz - For The Love
Naughty - Baby (Truce Remix)
Max Milan - Hold On
Marco Darko - Devotion
AndMe & Bastian - I Want You
Ill Blu - Magic (SKT Remix)
Tough Love - Love & Happiness
Mark Radford & False ID - Inside You

trilliam

and ppl laughed when i said u can hear the grime influences

think blackdown called it 'noir'

now i see him on twitter bumming radford

snm

msoes

are there young london people making music anymore?

During grime era the average age of djs/producers/mcs seemed to be around 19. Now in deep-tech it must be over 30. Its basically the same cohort.

What happened to the youngers?

datwun

are there young london people making music anymore?

During grime era the average age of djs/producers/mcs seemed to be around 19. Now in deep-tech it must be over 30. Its basically the same cohort.

What happened to the youngers?

The best thing about the deep tech scene is specifically that it has a real mix of ages. I think Area 8 are like 19, 20 and the house tune that inspired them to make music was Julio Bashmore, Au Seve.... And at the same raves you've got RS4, Martin Ikin, Mark Radford. Was this the case with Funky, Grime, Dubstep etc.? Seems like a really positive thing to me.

In fairness to Blackdown, he did say he was following Mark Radford's rinse sets since early on, just that he wasn't feeling deep tech as a big new thing.

There's been a lot of super grimey deep tech recently, might have to do a mini mix compiling it...

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Listening to the UK Zoo Lance Morgan (promo?) mix. Tune about 25/6 mins in with the 303 acid line and pitched down "yeahhh" >>>

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Itching to hit a LDN rave soon I'm worried I'm missing out on something special again!

I guess I'll have the money in two weeks to go to audio rehab or frequency or UK zoo

vvvwwwv

<iframe width="100%" height="125" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>
this one's an utter madness. eastside bangers all over the place

<iframe width="100%" height="125" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>
solid mix from shay and sinista

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Love this B3 set! The energy, the crowd noise, the MC hosting, the stabbing bass notes playing the funky syncopated role of UKF claps/bongos, the cohesiveness of the sound, the sense of evolution within that, the feeling that euro house is being put through the grimey London rinser... You've got to love London, just can't let a genre it takes to stay boring. :D