Benny B

the whole 'anti foot shuffling' thing is a page made by old cunts who don't like the fact there's a new attitude they don't recognise in their party's. It's also clearly a cynical attack on a type of person who attends these party's that boils down to race & age.

exactly what i thought.

Trilliam is also correct.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
the whole 'anti foot shuffling' thing is a page made by old cunts who don't like the fact there's a new attitude they don't recognise in their party's. It's also clearly a cynical attack on a type of person who attends these party's that boils down to race & age.

edit* and it's DEFINITELY not anything new, just trad euro house.

What does it have to do with race?

Loads of arguments on twitter yesterday about the hosts at these raves and why they're not needed blah blah blah.

So weird how this just repeats itself again and again really.

I don't go these raves but I thought the shuffling thing is more of an age thing than a race one? As in it was the younger ones doing the shuffle stuff, but what do I know.

As for the MC argument I can see their point really. I could understand the MCs on Funky because of the rawness & grime influence in some of the stuff but why anyone feels the need to MC on this end of house is beyond me, makes no sense.

does seem like the rifts that would previously take at least a few years to appear now appear in months though

Don't know about that. These raves have been around for ages now, just hasn't really been talked about on here much.

rubberdingyrapids

Don't know about that. These raves have been around for ages now, just hasn't really been talked about on here much.

i dunno, but with funky for example, the whole 'mcs are ruining it' thing came up really early - it was like the scene was already waiting for a rift and thought they would get it out the way early. i mean i know raves were happening for quite a while but when the music started becoming its own thing, it went weird early on.

back to shuffling though.

datwun

So is this all coming out of the 'deep tech house' scene which has been siphoning vybez off of the funky scene for a couple of years now?

Stuff like this rave which was posted in the funky thread a while back?

uk-0629-379435-front.jpg

Blackdown

nexKeysound
btw do people know who started that anti facebook page? if someone forced me to guess i'd say tippa but who knows...

datwun

"I'm not even gonna acknolodge them they want us to retaliate! A lot of people are backing us and a lot are hating let's just focus on what we love doing and why we are doing it!FTLOH madkezza! Marisa my donnette you done water of a ducks back,sticks and stones! We progress while they digest and we are writing the manifest!" etc.

fhuckface

zactly. i did some coverage a while back

This isn’t the same thing. The stuff circle play doesn’t attract the shufflers, they try and go for the more mature crowd.

The ‘shuffler’s’ (yuk) tend to go more towards the new disco type of sound, ketted, sleazy, just nu disco but the dark bassline stuff. Also, it’s not like this is some localised thing, there were bear shufflers over eastern electrics @ the O2 peninsular. Round about that time that ‘anti foot shuffling’ group was made.

And yea, it probably was tipper, and I forgot he’s allowed to talk shit and be one of the worst hosts ever at his raves, but the kids aren’t allowed to do some new dance that he can’t do because he hasn’t been able to bend his leg in that direction for at least 5 years? He’s not a very nice character generally Blackdown, I’m surprised to see you covering someone like that on your blog. Take one look at his & you’ll know what I’m saying.

Anything that pisses off people over 25 gets a thumbs up from me.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
Isn't it just a derivative of that dance that started in melbourne years ago

My thoughts exactly. I'm not a dance expert but to me it looks like the silliest and dumbest looking in a long time, but hey if people enjoy it. Nothing new here though, this weird chicken-like dance has been around here for years, applied to various musical genres:
I find it sad that this thing is also manifesting itself in the UK, guess they're not so much an island any more.