whytea

When Swarvo's on a shuffling thing you know it's a bad state of affairs.

Check the forearm skank

lool should blatently have a special move called the forearmosaurus

can anyone id the beat in this vid at 3mins with the c.r.e.a.m. sample

whytea

claptone - cream

allow the tlk about actual shuffling pls

its not, Im pretty sure you guessed that without listening

its neither the Claptone one or that ColdCuts one thats being doing the rounds, am interested to know

fhuckface

allow the tlk about actual shuffling pls

xactly. What blackdown should of covered in his blog is party's such as Creche BANNING 'shufflers' from future events. I might be overreacting, but it seems to me more like trying to ban a certain crowd, ethicity and anyone who isn't the usual jean shirt sporting, ketted prick.

Night's & nightclubs have always had a 'selection' door policy (fuse @ 93 ft east for example), but BANNING 'shufflers' publically on your nights facebook wall feels like an excuse to basically ban anyone who's under 25, black, dressed a certain way and in a large crowd.

Mind you the affliction with london's current house trend on this board leads me to believe alot of you don't even give half a shit.

I want to see a headliner go dressed as a shuffler and get turned away at the door, that'd be a laugh.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
Is shuffling a black thing in the UK? Here it's rather a white hipster thing. It's getting more and more interesting.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
And yea, it probably was tipper, and I forgot he’s allowed to talk shit and be one of the worst hosts ever at his raves, but the kids aren’t allowed to do some new dance that he can’t do because he hasn’t been able to bend his leg in that direction for at least 5 years? He’s not a very nice character generally Blackdown, I’m surprised to see you covering someone like that on your blog. Take one look at his & you’ll know what I’m saying.

Lol if there was some "niceness" criterion, I wouldn't have written a word about half of the people in grime, dubstep and all of grime! Badboys make interesting music: fact.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
xactly. What blackdown should of covered in his blog is party's such as Creche BANNING 'shufflers' from future events.

erm, if you're talking about the Pitchfork piece I linked to, that was written three years ago, long before this particular phenomenon emerged. I linked to it because it feels to me like the same musical lineage (linear, house/tech... disco-y or otherwise).

Quite surprised at some of the tunes in this thread, got bored of this sort of music a long time ago but a couple of the London producer ones are quite rude.

Who's worth listening to that doesn't err too much on the non-London stuff, that European sound just seems a bit tired to me.

Last edited:

Benny B

Quite surprised at some of the tunes in this thread, got bored of this sort of music a long time ago but a couple of the London producer ones are quite rude.

Who's worth listening to that doesn't err too much on the non-London stuff that's mostly quite dull.

New Scottie D!

outraygeous

re post - I can do that cos im a boss. Posted this in the House / Techno thread a few months back.

The London House scene is a weird one for me personally because I am not involved in it at all. My mates are all into it and I see things and usually just talk about them on here like a dunce

Like the time when I wrote, 'why is everyone standing outside the Aquarium on a Sunday night?'

Anyway, I went to that Intel DJ Comp and one of the DJs was playing House and he had his (not being racist or stereotypical) goon mates with him. They wouldnt look out of place in a garage/westwood/rnb/jungle rave. But the early days, you know. Shades, caps, Polo Tees. Im typecasting.

One thing that wasn't surprising was they made 'boo' sounds when the big bassline tunes came in. I expected that but what was weird was, after the 'boo' sounds they all turned into super cockneys and started shouting 'bosh' and 'fuckkkkk orrrrrrrrffff' I didn't know where to look. It didnt really fit the 'house' vibe.

Moving on, just seen this thing on facebook. Like most real scenes in London, there are usually dances that go with them. All those things that happen in the trendy areas are either full of men stroking their beards or drunk white chicks with no rhythm.

So check this out - http://www.facebook.com/ShapeCuttersIncorperated

Reason for this post was the comments made by the poster on the Alex Arnout - One (More) video

'yo check out this banger while i upload some vids, turn your stereo full blast with! fack off ava word oi oi!'

Enjoy, and carry on cutting shapes

Goons were out in full force last week at that rave Swarvo mentioned. In Acton. This is the London sound I guess. Just a shame it isnt a actual REAL London sound, yet.

jimitheexploder

S.E.F. is the dude from Deep Teknologi with T.Williams innit? Deamonds from round this way has something on his label which is pretty good.

I'd like more dark rude tech house like that early stuff from T.Williams.

trilliam

re post - I can do that cos im a boss. Posted this in the House / Techno thread a few months back.

The London House scene is a weird one for me personally because I am not involved in it at all. My mates are all into it and I see things and usually just talk about them on here like a dunce

Like the time when I wrote, 'why is everyone standing outside the Aquarium on a Sunday night?'

Anyway, I went to that Intel DJ Comp and one of the DJs was playing House and he had his (not being racist or stereotypical) goon mates with him. They wouldnt look out of place in a garage/westwood/rnb/jungle rave. But the early days, you know. Shades, caps, Polo Tees. Im typecasting.

One thing that wasn't surprising was they made 'boo' sounds when the big bassline tunes came in. I expected that but what was weird was, after the 'boo' sounds they all turned into super cockneys and started shouting 'bosh' and 'fuckkkkk orrrrrrrrffff' I didn't know where to look. It didnt really fit the 'house' vibe.

Moving on, just seen this thing on facebook. Like most real scenes in London, there are usually dances that go with them. All those things that happen in the trendy areas are either full of men stroking their beards or drunk white chicks with no rhythm.

Reason for this post was the comments made by the poster on the Alex Arnout - One (More) video

'yo check out this banger while i upload some vids, turn your stereo full blast with! fack off ava word oi oi!'

Goons were out in full force last week at that rave Swarvo mentioned. In Acton. This is the London sound I guess. Just a shame it isnt a actual REAL London sound, yet.

ye i remember reading this post stil

i think the london scene is coming around nicely

need to go siesta this month

producers n djs are making it work, cant rele put trademarks on suttin as established but its clear what sounds are favoured

EDIT: funniest thing about the lack of discussion about this is tying into that whole uk lineage thing (which i wont refer to by its name cringe)

jackin is most likely to sneak its way in with if not get meshed with this ting

Last edited:

trilliam

S.E.F. is the dude from Deep Teknologi with T.Williams innit? Deamonds from round this way has something on his label which is pretty good.

I'd like more dark rude tech house like that early stuff from T.Williams.

off topic but t williams rinse cd was banging.

good showcase of d wider uk house ting (disclosure, huxley, dusky) n another angle of the general love in atm

continuum

smugpolice

Big up outraygeous for being the first person to flag up whatever all this is called.

jimitheexploder

off topic but t williams rinse cd was banging.

good showcase of d wider uk house ting (disclosure, huxley, dusky) n another angle of the general love in atm

I thought it was pretty awful. Can't do with those artists all in a row at once. I need that stuff to be spread out far and wide its just to annoying and generic in one big slab. Like the odd bit of Breach, Midland, Dusky, Maya Jane Coles, George FitzGerald, but yeah not all at once. Kinda went in the wrong direction for me that mix. The T.Williams track wern't even that hot either and I really dig alot of his stuff.

J.Bevin was good in those early Deep Teknologi days too.