Books that changed you

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
Homage to Catalonia made me realise that hoping/fighting for a better world was actually a realistic aim.

Buick6

too punk to drunk
Asterix and Obleix - Gosciny and Uderzo : Oh, those anti-Imperialist attitudes and 'magic potions' suited me to a tee as a 6 year-old learning how to read!

Tintin - Herge : Kids being James Bonds was cool. and all those foreign exotic destinations - even the moon!

The Magic Faraway Tree - Enid Blyton : I wanted to live there!

Tom Sawyer / Huckleberry Finn - I just loved how there was some sort of new drama in each chapter, kinda like cliff-hnager serial.

Dead Zone - Stephen King : great depressing psychic conspiarcy theroy.

many others as I got older Phillp K Dick, JG Ballard, Harry Crews, KW Jeter, LAberto Moravia, Lester Bangs.

version

Doubt anyone would be surprised to learn it's Gravity's Rainbow that looms largest for me. It didn't make itself felt at first, I finished it and just went about my business then a few years later ended up spending the better part of a year reading mountains of papers, articles, blog posts and whatever else I could get my hands on. Since then it's just continued to reverberate, like a bomb went off in my head and the shockwave's still going.