+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 60's vietnamese pop mix

Default 60's vietnamese pop mix

been e-digging this stuff lately using vietnamese forums and google translate! some of the quality sucks, as a lot of it is dubbed off of old cassettes or reel to reel tapes... but, it's fascinating to see the history, ie the early to mid 60's stuff reflects french tastes, where there are covers of chanson stuff or the type of Cha Cha Cha latin that was huge in early 60's France... then, by the late 60's and early 70's, there are bands that specialize in soul covers or even Santana style latin rock... hearing "down by the river" done semi-competently by a vietnamese bar bar brings up a whole lot of socio-political images in my mind!

some of the cover art is really neat... reel to reel box:

you can listen to an one hour mix i put together of this stuff here:

http://www.viva-radio.com/cleanandhumble

the show title is "vietnam"

Listening now, really nice. There's something uniquely haunting about the high-pitched female vox in this kind of music. Some great surf-y/psych-y guitars, too.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Sounds great, looking forward to checking this!

Do you have a direct download link? Page doestn work on my phone

Can't find it any more. Is there some way to search for a particular mix? That website's layout is pretty damn hard to navigate, I have to say.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

+ Reply to Thread