droid

Those two Iggy Lp's are just amazing. Baffled me at 15. Took me years to fully appreciate them.

droid

This really doesn't reassure me that we aren't the unwitting participants in some esoteric ritual designed to bend collective global unconsciousness and ease his passage to the godhead.

Music legend David Bowie has been secretly cremated without any of his family or friends present.

The iconic singer told his loved ones he wanted to “go without any fuss” and not have a funeral service or public memorial.

A source in New York told the Mirror: “There is no public or private service or a public memorial. There is nothing.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/david-bowie-been-secretly-cremated-7174860

labrat

hot on the heels of love
A very sad week, but also the only week of my life I'll ever hear the full nine minutes of Sweet Thing/Candidate/Sweet Thing (reprise) while out at the pub. God bless you David Bowie.

in a pub last night-won't ever happen again i suspect..

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Mind you I've recently seen an article about R Kelly doing the same thing and declaring him a paedophile who's musical achievements are null and void because of it. So uhhh

The Star magazine/groupie stuff is bleak as fuck and inexcusable but crucial difference is Kelly is a well documented and persistent predator who sings almost exclusively about his sexual prowess

droid

Fundamental question about Maddox is, if he knew how old she was.

Bowie also shagged a 14 year old girl when he was sixteen, stayed over and was introduced to her Dad in the morning.

General impression of 70's Bowie is of a sexual omnivore. Paedophilia I think is way off the mark, irregardless of the seriousness of the accusations of underage escapades.

Last edited:

droid

Sure, there's no way around it, but underage girls throwing themselves at a rock god does not have the same connotations of say... Saville demanding that 2 young teenage girls spend the night in a tent with him as part payment for the opening of a town fete.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It's also a lot different from flying halfway around the world specifically to fuck 11-year-olds who are in that tragic position in the first place out of bleak economic necessity - contra a friend of mine who was drawing comparisons with Gary Glitter on FB the other day.

Benny Bunter

Never did get round to Lets Dance, i will promptly correct this. This is how I'd rank Bowie's albums in order

Low
Ziggy Stardust
Hunky Dory
Heroes
Aladdin Sane
Man who sold the world
Diamond Dogs
Station to station
Space Oddity
Scary Monsters
Lodger

[/I]

been caning these all week like everyone else and would now seriously revise this list as follows:

Low
Ziggy
Heroes
Hunky dory
Aladdin Sane
Diamond dogs
Station to station
Scary monsters
Man who sold the world
Lodger
Lets dance
Young Americans
Space oddity

not in a rush to hear blackstar tbh. one day...

Benny Bunter

Those two Iggy Lp's are just amazing. Baffled me at 15. Took me years to fully appreciate them.

these would suffer if forced into my above list, but they're really my secret favourites.

bowie and iggy at their most alive tearing it up on the chorus of some weird sin and
at their most dead on nightclubbing and funtime, like reanimated corpses, down in the lab with dracula and his crew . massive overplay still has not diluted lust for life's power.
bowies synth on mass production ffs!

i could go on forever about these albums

Leo

Benny Bunter

lack of any response from blissblogger so far leads me to speculate he is too occupied making last minute ch-ch-ch-ch-CHANGES to his imminent book on glam :eek: