how much do you drink in a normal week?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
mistersloane boshes the average Dissensus weekly intake and then says "what's for breakfast?"

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
sippin' on gin and juice!

possibly without the juice

breakfast of champions

I have rules though. I don't drink before beer o'clock (6pm).

UNLESS I'm still up and drinking at breakfast, in which case I'm still conscious, and hence obviously haven't drunk enough yet.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Even Samuel Smiths have had a (proportionately) huge price hike that brings them pretty much into line with everything else. Shame.

viktorvaughn

need more people to answer this question. sample group too smalll

OK average week...

I try to have 2 days a week off.
Then probably 2 days I have a glass of wine or a beer with food or a whisky in the eve.
1 day per week go to the pub or round a mates for mini sesh - 3 pints.
Fri/Sat get pissed - say 4 pints and 3 spirits
Fri/Sat moderate - 2 pints

So that's 15 alcoholic drinks per week at average of 2.5 units = 37.5 units.

Men's suggested amount is 21. I was at a conference the other week and saw a guy talk about some alcohol research he was doing with people with severe alcohol problems and he had someone in his research who drank 1000 units of alcohol per week.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
absolutely. but not surprising, since it's the legitimised way of allowing people to cope with the demands of a very stressful way of life. if alcohol were to be made illegal tomorrow, then i don't think society would stay as it is for too long.

i should probably try giving up at some point.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This is all bleakly fitting - I found out the other day that a close friend of mine from high school died last week. She'd had a really tough year or 18 months but had seemed to be on the up, at least from the distance of facebook. But another friend who'd kept in closer touch says she'd been drinking really heavily for a while...

Still don't know exactly what happened. There's never a 'good' way for a 31-year-old to die but I can only hope it was an accident.

woops

is not like other people
I reckon I used to drink 100 units a week on average, more if it was around, sometimes less because I'd give up for short periods. That level of consumption went on for about 10 years.
I gave up at the end of last year and I don't miss it for a second

viktorvaughn

I reckon I used to drink 100 units a week on average, more if it was around, sometimes less because I'd give up for short periods. That level of consumption went on for about 10 years.
I gave up at the end of last year and I don't miss it for a second

Wow, that's some achievement! What promoted you to give up completely rather than just partially?

craner

Beast of Burden
As a former dangerous binge drinker, I can whole-heartedly confirm the link between excessive boozing and bad vibes.