how much do you drink in a normal week?

D

droid

Not much of that either TBH. But I'm being unfair in an attempt to make Luka feel bad. I'm one of the 40% of Irish citizens who dont drink at all.

luka

my very rough estimate is based on two big piss ups a week and small amounts (1 or 2 beers) on other nights

luka

i think i have a lot of friends that exceed that but its a small sample group

zhao

there are no accidents
using very rough estimates i think i have about 30-50 units a week

seems like a lot bro. 1 for every working hour (40)?

i don't drink nor smoke nuttin no more. not even when i dj - orange juice all night long.

used to get fucking SHIT FACED and high as a kite every time i'm behind decks lolol... but in Serbia last year i almost fell off a pretty high stage during an out door festival while jumping around and would have fallen backwards and surely broken my neck if it wasn't for a single pole which just happen to be behind me. eish.

how ever i will start baking me some cookies mmmmmmm :)

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
alcohol i find i can seriously take or leave, makes no difference what so ever.
am going to miss smoking though... damn i loved to smoke.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"but i havent smoked this year"
Same here, gave up just before Christmas and since then (with the exception of NYE) haven't smoked one single solitary cigarette. And I never smoked weed. I don't feel loads better than I did before but my teeth are definitely whiter.
But drinking - I dunno, must be at least fifty units a week. I normally drink a lot on Fridays and Saturdays and now I'm playing football on Tuesdays and Thursdays and I almost always go to the pub after both of those games too.

Leo

just curious, how much on average would 50 units cost over there? here, that could easily be $150-250 per week...christ, almost $1,000 a month on booze?!! $10-12k a year?!!

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah, probably costs at least that here - pubs are cripplingly expensive these days. I wish you hadn't put it like that.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Same here, gave up just before Christmas and since then (with the exception of NYE) haven't smoked one single solitary cigarette. And I never smoked weed. I don't feel loads better than I did before but my teeth are definitely whiter.

Bloody hell Rich, I'm impressed.

I've still somehow failed to get addicted to nicotine, despite my best efforts.

Yeah, probably costs at least that here - pubs are cripplingly expensive these days. I wish you hadn't put it like that.

Even at £3.50 a pint or whatever, one of the pleasant things about coming back to the UK is how much cheaper beer is there than in Holland.

jorge

I wouldnt be able to say in units but not very much, only really drink at the weekend, maybe 5 or 6 half litre beers or a bottle or two of lidl wine/ pre-made mojito.

Even at £3.50 a pint or whatever, one of the pleasant things about coming back to the UK is how much cheaper beer is there than in Holland.

Yeah true 2.50e for less than half a pint, usually of shit heineken. Nowhere has cider aswell which ruined drinking here for me really.

Only place ive found the good stuff is a small squatted restaurant in oost Amsterdam. westons organic (!!!) and loads of trappist beers all very cheap, 2.70 suggested donation for bottle of westons which is cheaper than the UK, cheap food aswell, only open mondays and thursdays tho.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Weston's Vintage is pretty good I find, although I'm a beer drinker much more than a cider drinker.