Jungle 2013

Tim Reaper

green bay crew.
tim, have u considered going down to 160 bpm? some of this stuff is just too fast, and it loses its groove imho... it would make sense going down, though, with all this footwork thing going on
I do see where you're coming from about the groove being lost, I usually work at 160 or 165, sometimes 170, that's usually about the right tempo when it comes to this stuff.

Some good tunes on that showcase though
Thanks for checking mate, glad you like :)

Local Authority

bitch city
Was at the Exit Mosaic 2 party at the Nest not too long ago and there was massive Jungle influence creeping through some of the sets. Wasn't in the mood to take note of who was playing what though but it sounded interesting being mixed in the more techy and halftime sounds.

Has anyone been following Demdike Stare lately, there testpressing series is something else. The jungle revival, from what I've heard, hasn't made any attempt to advance on the sound whereas Demdike have taken it somewhere completely alien altogether.

muser

jungle has been a staple in the free-party scene in UK, Canada and Russia for a while now it's definitely not a internet phenomenon. I'm not sure exactly why it came back into popularity (or if it even stopped being played tbh, 10 years ago it was still as popular as it is now) I think music played and listened to at free-parties has been pretty stagnant for years away, I guess because the scene is significantly smaller and generally lacking in aspiration musically, if it does the job why mess with it too much. But that's the main reason you'll find huge amounts of jungle producers still going today I think, because of its prevalence in the free-party scene, mainly dominated with 16-25 year old bumpkins. (sorry OP havnt time to listen to your tracks and this post isn't directed at/supposed or meaning to put you in any boxes).