House & Bass

This is my late in the year take on some of the stuff mentioned in this thread, along with a garage track that you'll all know and love.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tGT-nosqk7M?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mixing isn't the tightest but you can stare at my arse in low resolution video

I believe the black disc things are called "vinyl". A friend of a friend of a friend managed to pick some up in Soho, not that I would go there myself what with it being a sordid red light district with, you know, Nathan barley types running about the place.

The last track is 'Truth Capital T' by Dusky. If you like that Corpsey then you might like his/ her? recent remix of the 1993 New York House classic 'Do You Want Me' by Cloud 9, it is also available on the strange black disc format.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
My mates from home are seeing Dusky at Fabric tonight. I thought he was a boring producer who releases stuff on Swamp 81, is that not the case?

The tune in your mix is good.

I haven't heard much by him, maybe his output overall is largely boring. Capital T is the b-side to this... ...which I admit I thought was pretty boring at first but it grew on me. It's on the Naked Naked label who also released an amazing cloud 9 esque tune last year- by Breach & Midland- and I'm pretty sure Breach has come in for some criticism here for being boring. I don't know. I'm just trying to find good current stuff to fit around my old skool garage records. I get the sense that with deep house/ house & bass/ whatever the genre is called, the odd tune in isolation can be great but a full set of it is too much. Check a lot of the mixes on this site to get an idea of what I mean http://keepitraw.org/blog/ , it gets to the point where I just wish the producers would go the extra mile to make it sound like the track really was from 1996 and not an imitation, but I'm guessing current production techniques make this difficult.

I guess smaller scenes like Garage or Dubstep circa 2007 had a much higher great to boring ratio.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

I think huxleys one of the best of these new garage producers, this tune is a banger. There's another tune he did which Brackles has played lately can't remember the title right now though.

Do find that Midland/Breach tune a bit dull.

continuum

smugpolice
Remember hearing this a while back just after Jack went in the charts and thinking, yeah, that's decent. Just heard it again now on Tom Garnett's Insomnia 10 mix and had to dig it out again. Turns out it's currently hovering around the number 10 position in UK charts. All about the second half of the tune when it goes all epic.

datwun

Really nice house & bass vibes from Burkie on a free download tip:
Totally missed this when it came out early this year, but exactly the perfect cheese levels for organ house

That Breech track's massive, amazing to see this sort of thing in the charts again. Reminds me exactly of the early 2000s with that really melodic poppy french house in the charts + stuff like basement jaxx, groove armada. Mainstream house invades the charts. Infinitely more appealing than all the edm trance death synths in too much rnb stuff!

Last edited: