Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: mainstreaming of VICE // VICE mainstream

From what I've seen lately, sub-Buzzfeed wokeness-by-numbers with added drug stories to remind you that they're still edgy. The ratio of fun to finger-wagging is asymptotically approaching zero.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Nope. It's probably read mainly by the army of unpaid contributors that write for it.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

admit it, you're both just getting old. no longer of the vice target demographic, kids who read it now probably love the fact that you think it's passe.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:

I listen to Radio 3 and my main interest is foraging mushrooms. I don't think I've ever been part of the VICE target demographic.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

i'm 21 and feel vice is passe, has been passe... flippant cryptofascist garbage

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to other_life For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    How old do you think I am? I mean I probably am out of Vice's target demographic, but I'm not that old.
    I dunno mate - bit younger than me? I'm 38.

I wonder how the remaining readership is split between hip 20-year-olds and people of my age who've been reading it since they were 20.

I just wonder if Gavin McInnes is such a wanker that he puts people off anything he was even tangentially involved with at one time in the past.

That question was directed at Leo, but I'm 27.
    Oh we're all still in nappies as far as Leo's concerned.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

damn right! now get off my lawn!!

haven't done the research by I imagine the vice demo is high school/college, maybe some early 20s but most likely 15-20 years old. we think it's boring, dumb and stuck in a rut (which, of course, it is) but for a 16 year old who has never stolen a car, done meth or been in a gang, it's still probably pretty eye opening and awesome.

15-25 year olds are literally too woke/internet communist for vice in the current year, even in 2014 it was that way

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    we think it's boring, dumb and stuck in a rut (which, of course, it is) but for a 16 year old who has never stolen a car, done meth or been in a gang, it's still probably pretty eye opening and awesome.
    I love the implication that, of course, it goes without saying, all of us have done all those things in our now-distant youth.

I thought that was very much Vice's thing these days?
    absolutely not. Woke, maybe, but they also are still about being 'transgressive' (flippant, banal, vacuous). internet communist? won't touch it.