What sort of music did your parents listen to when you were a kid?

luka

The soundtrack to my Legotown Years, courtesy of my mother, mostly consisted of: Sade, Matt Bianco, Alison Moyet's Alf, Chris Rea's On the Beach, the soundtrack to Heartburn, 'You and Me Tonight' by Aurra and 'Night Birds' by Shakatak. My father was a hipster like Luka's so that list would be really boring.
lol! i've always remembered this quip

luka

remember that welsh psycho?? he was like a prototyype washyourhands but with no sense of humour just a hair trigger temper and a severe case of paranoia

luka

i cant remember if i used to bait him or not, i might have sense there was something wrong with him and behaved with uncharacteristic tact but it ended up with him demanding barty come to wales to fight him one on one and said he would buy the coach ticket :ROFLMAO: 😂 :ROFLMAO:

qwerty south

no use for a witticism
They weren't big listeners as parents (both were jazz fans as younger adults) - buying / borrowing on occasion the likes of George Benson, John Denver, Simon & Garfunkel, Harry Belafonte, Lloyd Cole, various OSTs, etc .

I was impressed when Mum recently correctly identified Duke Ellington's "Caravan" (which she said she knew from the jazz clubs of Paris) :cool:

Dad collected the "Great Composers" series and played a bit of classical iirc . Mum's knowledge of classical is good too.

Last edited:

DLaurent

They were never big listeners of music despite my dad being Eric Clapton's second cousin (he's my nans cousin long lost).

I vaguely remember Phil Collins and Michael and Janet Jackson as a kid, but they didn't get much play compared to my Nirvana tape.

Nowadays they will just ask Alexa to play some 60s/70s/80s music depending on mood.