Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trayvon Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Sure, but I'm talking about recent history, stuff I can remember actually hearing about in the news.
    Well, crack was a very successful strategy for quite some time.

jesus, vimothy you've really fallen deep down that rabbit hole lad

is anyone else sort of shitting themselves that they killed that sniper with a robot?

That is mad, this is the next stage of weaponry isn't it? And the government can afford better robots. Good luck overthrowing them with guns, eh?

Rise of the machines is real.

Did anyone see the video of this guy throwing dummy shots into a wall to wrong foot the cop while he strafed around him? Goes to show how military training 'pays off'. Lucky, in a horrible way, that he only wanted to get cops cos he could have killed dozens of people.

Edit: don't want to make out I'm giving this guy props or anything.

is anyone else sort of shitting themselves that they killed that sniper with a robot?
    it will be the new bobby on the beat.
    Last edited by rubberdingyrapids; 11-07-2016 at 11:08 AM.

I think the robot was one of those bomb disposal robots, only they sellotaped a bomb on it instead. A very expensive but pretty crude thing to do, no doubt a desperate spur of the moment idea. You could probably do the same thing yourself with a remote control car and a video camera- assuming you have access to explosives. Which begs the question, where did that come from and who approved it's use. The last time the US police had access to bombs they killed 10 people and destroyed 60 houses

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOVE

I'd never heard of that fuckun unreal

Risk ratio of being shot whilst unarmed - black to white.

So does that mean you can be up to 22,800 times more likely to be shot if you're black?

Also, is that by police, or just in general?

Nope - its 22.883.

In the red areas of the map you are roughly 22.883 times more likely to be shot by the Police when black and unarmed than when white and unarmed.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/art...l.pone.0141854

I once had to critique reference maps for a part time job and geography class. That map is a massive failure of a map. 99% of the land space on the map has no data. The differences between different cities, where most of the data is, could be shown in a chart. It would be much clearer. The one county with the highest death rate in the map is notorious as the entry point of drugs from Latin America and the Caribbean.
    did you tronc today?

lol. Ive linked to the extended study. Read it and stfu.

Quote Originally Posted by trza View Post
    I once had to critique reference maps for a part time job and geography class. That map is a massive failure of a map. 99% of the land space on the map has no data. The differences between different cities, where most of the data is, could be shown in a chart. It would be much clearer. The one county with the highest death rate in the map is notorious as the entry point of drugs from Latin America and the Caribbean.
    Once we get past the background info about what you did for your GCSEs, what are you talking about? It's useful as a rough guide to the relative likelihood of being shot while unarmed in major urban areas of the US.
    Last edited by baboon2004; 12-07-2016 at 06:54 PM.

That's an interesting paper, but it doesn't show relative risk ratios given that one is in an encounter with the police ("the data cannot speak to the relative risk of being shot by a police officer conditional on being encountered by police").