Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Syria

Yeah, much better when millions die as a result of Western bombs and we can pretend its for the greater good.

Russia, Iran and the Syrian state are bombing hospitals and rescue workers while the world watches and wrings its hands (or rubs them with glee, in some cases). But mention that it's conceivable that this may have been prevented and suddenly you're a cheerleader for killing "millions" of civilians.
    Last edited by Mr. Tea; 13-09-2018 at 11:20 AM.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by firefinga View Post
    Syria is the model of a world where the west isn't willing (or capable) anymore to wield it's power. The multi-lateral world so many "anti-imperialists" are cheering for, and this "new world" isn't a pretty sight at all.
    A multi-lateral world has been the norm tho surely, with a brief interregnum from 1991-2010ish of a unipolar world. That period wasn't pretty either - the West has never exercised its power without recklessness, self-interest and blatant disregard for human life.
    The newly shaping world is definitely grim tho, I agree, and anti-imperialism has to oppose all imperialisms - American, Russian, Chinese, European, Iranian

I'm sure I'm behind the curve, but Russian activity in building military alliances in Africa suggests the new world is about to be shaped even further.
    Last edited by baboon2004; 13-09-2018 at 11:41 AM.

conspiracy theory regarding Syria: as shared via social media by german right wing politicians from the AfD ("Alternative für Deutschland"):

War in Syria: Isis (and Al Quaeda) products of US/Israeli-government/secret service to destabilize the Middle East - possibly topple Anti-Israeli errr i mean Anti "zionist" regimes/leaders - and in the process islamize Europe via refugees - made possible via Soros sponsored NGO's. Assad, Putin and Iran heroes against Western imperialism and defenders of international law.

Those guys are in the German parlament, and reaching majority in assorted Eastern Germany (former GDR) regions.
    Last edited by firefinga; 18-09-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Syria latest: Russian plane shot down by Syrian AA gun.

Israel's fault, obviously.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you