brand vs paxman

crackerjack

It was Ralph Nader's idea anyway.

From wikipedia "she attracted controversy when she told local government leaders to give added emphasis to motor vehicle access in urban areas, as "most pedestrians are walking to or from their cars.""

Cheers for that, Babs.

Barbara Castle was a star and if Labour had listened to her history could've been very different. In Place of Strife = no Winter of Discontent = no Thatcher. Greatest leader we never had.

that's an astoundingly good diagnosis of what's so annoying and uninspiring about a lot of lefty type chat.. especially the parts about a competition based on guilt and mutual fear and moral superiority "The most lauded figures in the Vampires’ Castle are those who have spotted a new market in suffering – those who can find a group more oppressed and subjugated than any previously exploited will find themselves promoted through the ranks very quickly."

not enough lefties realise they are cunts basically, or rather not enough lefties own their cuntishness, accept it.. they project it. contempt is always disavowed shame.. or something? russell brand us very good at accepting his cuntishness and makign light if it, without celebrating it

I really like owen jones too, glad he's being celebrated there

blacktulip

Pregnant with mandrakes
I have an MA in English Literature so I know about this shit (true dat but deployed in a tongue-in-cheek manner here, etc.):

1) Every era of literature had people who garnered critical respect and/or the vote of the buying/theatre-attending public.

2) Many of them are completely unknown now, including amongst the undergraduate community.

3) Russell Brand and Jeremy Paxman are two of these guys.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I have an MA in English Literature so I know about this shit (true dat but deployed in a tongue-in-cheek manner here, etc.):

1) Every era of literature had people who garnered critical respect and/or the vote of the buying/theatre-attending public.

2) Many of them are completely unknown now, including amongst the undergraduate community.

3) Russell Brand and Jeremy Paxman are two of these guys.

Yeah orlright it was good the first time.