Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Nick Land and Neocameralism

Is that the best bit?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to baboon2004 For This Useful Post:

It will have to do until the cookery book is published in time for Xmas.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john eden For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HMGovt View Post
    Hitting the big time
    Being featured on that youtube channel is however a very relative form of hitting the big time

Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    Urbanomic published a nice article on Ccru by Amy Ireland recently: https://www.urbanomic.com/document/poememenon/
    vim, you're just trolling now, right? i know i'm just a dull blockhead but that first sentence alone elicited an eye roll. i'm sure it's not at all the pretentious word salad that it appears to be, care to explain it for the common man?

It was far too long for me to read and tbh too nerdy too but i wouldnt call it pretentious. Im not sure nerds can be pretentious.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Leo

For someone affiliated with arts and such, Josef K's cardboard lacks a bit in aesthetics, though.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to firefinga For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by firefinga View Post
    For someone affiliated with arts and such, Josef K's cardboard lacks a bit in aesthetics, though.
    Yeah, he could have brightened it up with some colourful fonts or a bit of clip-art or something.

This one would've been good:

Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    Urbanomic published a nice article on Ccru by Amy Ireland recently: https://www.urbanomic.com/document/poememenon/
    ...but as Robartes delves further into the system’s origin, he discovers that the Cracow book (the Speculum Angelorum et Hominis by one ‘Giraldus’, published in 1594) recapitulates the belief system of an Arabian sect known as the Judwalis or ‘diagrammatists’, who in turn derived it from a mysterious work—now long lost—containing the teachings of [...] Luka, a philosopher at the ancient Court of Harun Al-Raschid, although rumour has it that [...] Luka got it from a desert djinn.
    Huh, figures.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

http://www.yeatsvision.com/Kusta.html

Its one of my favourite books. I told you to read it not so long ago

Oh yeah, I forgot the title but I remember you talking about Yeats. Might look out for a copy once I've read 'you's book about psychopaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    vim, you're just trolling now, right? i know i'm just a dull blockhead but that first sentence alone elicited an eye roll. i'm sure it's not at all the pretentious word salad that it appears to be, care to explain it for the common man?
    Hey Leo. Not trolling. Ireland's article is very much in the Ccru style a la Land, K-Punk, Sadie Plant, etc, etc -- I suppose it's a bit of a tribute. I thought it was a nice counterpoint to the Guardian article, which doesn't really touch on its philosophical side in much depth.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to vimothy For This Useful Post:

Leo

I always thought CCRU came across as a bit pleased with itself. All that making up personas and words and alluding to things.

It was all stuff that I liked (jungle, gothic, lovecraft, occulture, sci-fi, subversion) but I hated the obscurantist style of it. I always associated them with people who would tell you in the 1990s that it was OK if you couldn't understand Deleuze and Guattari (you thicko), you should just let the words wash over you. They were mainly a lovely bunch of people when I met them though.

There's a bunch of their stuff here https://libcom.org/library/ccru-writings-1997-2003

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john eden For This Useful Post:

And that's the pity of it. I'm sure the article Vimothy quoted had sth interesting to say, so why hide behind the status defences of whatever form of academese that was?

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baboon2004 For This Useful Post: