version

Craner's summary on the first page is good,

He left Warwick at the end of the century and moved to Shanghai. There was a period of radio silence(I think, maybe not) and then he reappeared with other ex-Ccru members on the blog Hyperstition, which had some relation to the more estoteric late-Ccru scribblings. Around this time he was in touch with Reza Negarestani, of Cyclonopedia fame, who was built into the Hyperstition axis, as was K-punk. This was also the era of Cold Rationalism, but in the life-time of the Hyperstition blog, K-punk took a Leninist-Bolshevik turn, inspired by Zizek and Badiou, and Nick Land started reading National Review and Spengler and quoting (with approval) the neoconservative World War 4 thesis but (typically) in even harsher, more extreme, 'hyperstitional' terms. He since seems to have ditched the neoconservatism and absorbed libertarian writers like Hayek and Hans-Hermann Hoppe into his Deleuze & Guattari-derived pro-capitalism, and (typically) taken this in an even harsher, more extreme direction, attacking democracy with some ferocity and delving into biological determinism. He has found a theoretical space on the extreme libertarian right, building a platform alongside racists and anti-semites. There is always a danger of this when you are locked in a world of ideas.

luka

Yeah it's mostly dense with names and I guess if none of the names mean anything to you the summary won't be very helpful

luka

Vimothy said it was Land that made him go right wing by showing him the right could be cool.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
@yyaldrin, do you have, or have access to, a Mac? I made this Numbers spreadsheet about the history of philosophy, and it is largely reverse-engineered around what I've been able to piece together about CCRU (although reading this thread brought to my attention that I had assumed Negarestani was part of it).

Anyway, here is the file: Mayanexus (A.D.)

And some images, in case it doesn't work for you:

Screen-Shot-2020-03-30-at-4-50-42-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-03-30-at-4-52-20-PM.png

not sure why they're so small...

luka

don't think this is quite the right place, but dugin has written a thing about the virus - he sez it's a warning from apollo

He causes things to look different so it would appear time has passed.

Matter is plastic in the face of mind.

One by one he draws us out of the world.

The Empire never ended.

The Head Apollo is about to return. St Sophia is going to be born again; she was not acceptable before. The Buddha is in the park. Siddhartha sleeps (but is going to awaken). The time you have waited for has come.

https://jacobsm.com/deoxy/deoxy.org/pkd_tcs.htm