Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Nick Land and Neocameralism

And this from a website called ALTERNET. You couldn't make it up!
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Everyone and their dog these days thinks they're the 'alternative' to something and despises the execrable Em Ess Em. That, at least, is equally true of left and right.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Articulate summing up of "alt-left" currents:
    https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/co...lping-fascists

Before the right hijacked it, the "alt-left" label was used mainly by progressives to refer to a strain of leftism that sees liberalism rather than fascism as the main enemy. It is distinguished mainly by a reactionary contrarianism, a seething ressentiment, and a conspiracist worldview.

In its preoccupations it is closer to the right: More alarmed by Hillary Clinton winning the primary than by Donald Trump winning the presidency; more concerned with imagined "deep state" conspiracies than with actual Russian subversion of US democracy; eager to prevent a global war no one is contemplating but supportive of a US alliance with Russia for a new "war on terror".

Yeah, I associate the term "alt-left" with liberals looking to delegitimise non-liberal leftists -- e.g., the dirt-bag left, Chapo, etc. -- rather than with any alt-right or right wing programme.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vimothy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
    Articulate summing up of "alt-left" currents:
    https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/co...lping-fascists
    First comment:

What exactly is your problem with white nationalism? White nationalism is entirely justified.
    Second comment:

This article is a lot of right wing Buls**t. [...] I think Mr. Ahmad is a Trumpista...
    The prosecution rests, m'lud.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

Sigh. Have you actually understood a single word anyone's posted here for the last couple of pages?

https://twitter.com/KreaseChan/statu...87218822418432

John Pilger on the same bill as Peter Ford (former ambassador to Syria with strong family and business ties to Assad regime) and Patrick Henningsen, former editor of Alex Jones's Infowars.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
    https://twitter.com/KreaseChan/statu...87218822418432

John Pilger on the same bill as Peter Ford (former ambassador to Syria with strong family and business ties to Assad regime) and Patrick Henningsen, former editor of Alex Jones's Infowars.
    Not remotely surprising. Only last year Pilger was supporting Trump as a preferable choice to Clinton.