KAN YAY OR KAN NAY? (The Kanye West Thread)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Speculation from many here that he could be manic depressive/bipolar.

I can see it!

Last edited:

luka

https://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/is-kanye-west-truly-out-of-the-sunken-place/

Like many other celebrities before him, he is bright mind forced to evolve Hollywood’s toxic environment. In my 2015 article about Lamar Odom – who is married wtoanother Kardashian – I wrote:

“When you get involved with a family that is controlled by the occult elite, bad things often happen. Watch out Kanye.”

A few years after this article, Kanye found himself deep in the sunken place. However, appears to be making great efforts to get out of it. But is it too late? Did the treatments mess him up irreparably? Is he trying to break free and going against the grain? Or, on the contrary, is he now under tight control? Is he now the “chosen” MK celebrity who has to go through a series of bizarre and humiliating events for the elite?

The Kanye comeback is an ongoing story. While he used to be an industry darling, he is now attracting hate from most of the industry. Let’s hope he won’t be sent back to the sunken place.

Woebot

watching this

he won't admit - parrys the man charlamagne's question - but he's clearly in therapy. seems very shaky. is on meds (i think by his own admission)

rubberdingyrapids

somehow, i love him, probably always will, a bit like with dizzee, but i wish he wasn't such a complete, increasingly dislikeable idiot (eg - on the intro of the new album, which should never have been kept there). musically, ye isnt that different from pablo but its still brilliant. one of the albums of the year, though obv, kanye himself will not be one of the persons of the year.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Not revisited Ye yet but relistening to Daytona today and some of those beats are BRILLIANT.

The Games We Play and Infrared in particular.

The lowpoint of the whole album is Kanye rapping like some sort of novelty act. But beats wise he has undeniable talent (I don't suppose anyone has ever dispute that really)

luka

hes always been as conservative and unimaginative musically as he has been lyrically. middle of the road. ploddingly obvious. creatively bankrupt. inane. glib.

hucks

Your Message Here
The Pusha T album, which he produced, is brilliant. Haven't heard his own one yet.

Edit: I see Corpsey has already said as much.

rubberdingyrapids

Not revisited Ye yet but relistening to Daytona today and some of those beats are BRILLIANT.

daytona is basically kanye thinking hes making a madlib album for stones throw.
it is the best pusha t album since clipse ended but the weird feeling i had listening to it was that pusha now sounds like hes from another era entirely (ie he sounds OLD in a way that kanye, oddly, doesnt).
q-tip might be the only half decent human being on GOOD music.

Last edited:

luka

clipse never really felt real anyway. they came out of nowhere with a whole album produced by the neptunes. they were sort of like a good version of magoo.

rubberdingyrapids

pusha t now sounds somewhere between a sociopathic arsehole and a silly crack dealer cartoon trying too hard to be outrageous. all these journalists tripping over themselves with gleeful drug dealer imagery are a bit embarassing.

the good thing about rick ross (also on daytona) is that he/the audience all know it is a big ruse whereas with pusha t, everyone is buying into the idea that it is all real, based on what exactly, i cant remember anymore, but i see it as another stupid example of rap fans/rappers' misguided obsession with authenticity.

Last edited: