KAN YAY OR KAN NAY? (The Kanye West Thread)

version

I wasn't sure about the Pusha T album at first, but it grew on me and I've had it on a lot since then; everything I like about Ye - the beats, the length - is done better on Daytona and everything I don't like about it - weak lyrics, sloppy mixing - isn't an issue with Daytona.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
hes always been as conservative and unimaginative musically as he has been lyrically. middle of the road. ploddingly obvious. creatively bankrupt. inane. glib.

We're jamming
I wanna jam it with you

589393-arton14850.jpg

luka

we're talking about someone whos sense of hip is so q magazine that he looped curtis mayfield move on up and thought that was acceptable. we're talking about someone who sampled daft punk. we're talking, essentially, about a square.

rubberdingyrapids

we're talking about someone whos sense of hip is so q magazine that he looped curtis mayfield move on up and thought that was acceptable. we're talking about someone who sampled daft punk. we're talking, essentially, about a square.

if you havent listened to kanye since 2008 or so, then your opinion makes sense.

luka

i listened to at least 30 seconds of each of the new pusha t songs.
chugging is not a word that should ever be applicable to rap music.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Infared reminds me of Roc Marciano production (probably a capital crime for some of y'all). That's a good atmospheric space for Pusha T.

Listening to 'Mama I'm So Sorry' followed by 'Infared' shows how much Pusha has progressed in the intervening years. Maybe not a good pick. I need to revisit the Clipse discography with more of an ear for the rapping.

droid

Bam Bam! He sampled Bam Bam.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
hey hey he also sampled Mr. Fingers and Deep Inside on that one song

but I mean yeah he's a terrible dude and has been for a very long time, to the degree where it towers way above his art

he's a minor national embarrassment at this point

Leo

FWIW, Kim apparently tweeted this isn't Kanye and this isn't a Sunday Service. Sure looks like someone pretending to be him!

Last edited: