Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fairlights, Mallets & Bamboo Vol. 2

Default Fairlights, Mallets & Bamboo Vol. 2

Volume 1 was one of my favourite mixes EVER. So, here's Vol. 2 - http://rootstrata.com/rootblog/?p=8231

"Further investigation into the futuristic spaces in Japanese ambient and pop music from the 1980s…"

Hope you enjoy...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DannyL For This Useful Post:

big love for this thanks!

Missed this last year I guess so I got volume 1 up now. Love this kind of stuff, thanks!

What is the name of the track playing at 31 minutes? It's making me sad and it reminds me of the movies of Hiroshi Ishikawa.

Oh this is gonna be fuuuuun.

such a great mix

Been really enjoying both of these. On a related note, I've always loved the incidental music in Akira, which IIRC would fit quite well in here. Anyone know who it's by and if it's available?
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

These are both brilliant Danny thanks so much

I have to say I prefer his Music Interiors mix, it's definitely had more plays than the first F, M & B mix, but all his mixes on that site are worth a listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Been really enjoying both of these. On a related note, I've always loved the incidental music in Akira, which IIRC would fit quite well in here. Anyone know who it's by and if it's available?
    It's by Geinoh Yamashirogumi - I've got an insane choral psych record by him. I'll have to play it to you sometime, it's crazy. I've only heard the soundtrack once (apart from watchings of the film) but I'd agree, it's fucking mental. Lots of clashing metal drums I seem to recall.

Volume 1 of this brings up some great memories for me - getting the train up to Glasgow and rolling along the coast, looking out at the cobalt blue sea, listening to wonderful Japanese maxi-minimalism.

yyaldrin: There's a full tracklisting on the site. I haven't sat down and worked out what's what yet - just letting it wash over me.

Yeah tea I have the soundtrack to Akira on cd, will dig it out and find out who it's by...

Oh right, never mind!

Quote Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
    It's by Geinoh Yamashirogumi - I've got an insane choral psych record by him. I'll have to play it to you sometime, it's crazy. I've only heard the soundtrack once (apart from watchings of the film) but I'd agree, it's fucking mental. Lots of clashing metal drums I seem to recall.
    Thanks Dan, and for the links too, very nice!
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Geinoh Yamashirogumi are defineitly next level. been on a binge today and everything ive herd has been stunning. japan has so many tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Geinoh Yamashirogumi are defineitly next level. been on a binge today and everything ive herd has been stunning. japan has so many tunes.
    i highly recommend osorezan / doh no kembai which was reissued last year, memorable (blood curdling) start followed by amon düül-ish improv plus balinese-style thing on the flip, incoherent but powerful stuff!
    la sonrisa es divina, la risa humana, la carcajada animal